Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Is there any medicine for treating yeast infection?

Answered by
Dr. Uzma Arqam
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 13, 2018

Hello doctor,

How can I treat a yeast infection? Is there over-the-counter medicine for that?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to

Try to have a full treatment for any health issue that is reducing your immunity and causing you recurrent yeast infection like diabetes, immunocompromised diseases like AIDS, etc.

Try to have a high vaginal swab to confirm that recurrently you are getting an infection. Sometimes, normal vaginal secretions increase due to excitement, at ovulation or fertilization, genetically, near menses or at implantation, etc. So, try to recognize, differentiate and confirm via a vaginal swab test.

Overtreatment can harm normal vaginal flora that regulates local pH and can result in a dry vagina, reduced libido, recurrent infections from different organisms and disproportion of normal and abnormal vaginal flora ratio.

You can have Canesten (Clotrimazole) pessary per vaginal at bedtime on two alternate nights. If an infection is confirmed and gives symptoms as well. this will clear out infection. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

  1. You can sit in mildly warm water to reduce symptoms.
  2. Wear soft comfortable undergarments.
  3. Try to use condoms to avoid sexually transmitted infection.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can Terbinaforce plus be used for vaginal infection?
My vagina is always itchy after a period. What should I do?
Can using Vaseline during sex cause yeast infection?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why am I having frequent yellow-green vaginal discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from yellowish green vagina discharge. I have been to several doctors and they have done urine tests, vaginal swab. But nothing helped and have been given medication for a bacterial infection, yeast infection. The symptoms just keep coming back. I will attach a p...  Read Full »

May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.