Immunotherapy

How can I stop nosebleeds and discomfort due to pollen allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with my allergies. I believe I am allergic to pollen and I have these allergies all year long. I am always snuffing, wiping, started to have nose bleeds recently. I tried every over the counter allergy pill and spray and nothing gives me release. What should I do? Is ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nose bleeds are due to running nose, dryness and crusting, all of which manifest in allergic rhinitis. You need to get a skin flick testing done to check what you are allergic to. Thereafter you should try allergen avoidance, pharmacotherapy and some precautions. If the...  Read Full »

Having chemotherapy for stage IV invasive lobular carcinoma. Is it right?

Query: Hi doctor, The first case of cancer was on stage 3 ER+ invasive cancer of the left breast. Now, it is in stage IV invasive lobular carcinoma, with results of ER positive, PR positive, and HER2 with equivocal recurrent cancer. The site of disease is present on the abdominal lymph nodes and omentum w...  Read Full »

Dr. Varadarajan Kumar

Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is appropriate to use chemotherapy at this juncture. The HER2 (human epidermal growth factor receptor 2) result is mentioned as equivocal. So please do a FISH test (fluorescence...  Read Full »

What is the treatment procedure followed to get rid of allergic nasal polyp?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 39 years old. I have an allergic nasal polyp for the past ten years. I consulted the doctor before ten years back. The doctor told me that there is no need to undergo surgery and he prescribed Rhinocort aqua which is currently unavailable, and I have been using other sprays. It is n...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, we need a clinical examination, radiology, and endoscopy. The treatment options are surgery and medical management along with environmental control. Surgery involves endoscopic sinus surgery, and medical management includes control of allergy and inflammation. I...  Read Full »

Why do I always get blocked nose once I come home?

Query: Hi doctor, For around six months, I am suffering with my nose allergy. When I go outside for a drive or something, I am fine without any problem with my nose. But, once I come home from outside, it is difficult for me to break by nose. I get blocked nose sometime one side nose and sometime both side...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. Looking at the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and with the description you have given I can understand how agonizing it is for you with these problems. According to my assessment you suffer from allergic rhinitis and c...  Read Full »

I have plantar wart and undergoing freezing for it. What else can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting treatment for a plantar wart for a year now. Freezing it every two weeks at the clinic and then scraping the skin at home three times a week. However, I am still not getting rid of it. I have read that the treatment usually works way faster than that.   Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plantar warts are hard to treat. Unfortunately, that is the truth. Because feet are always under friction and the skin is very thick compared to body skin. Treatment modalities are cryotherapy which you are undergoing, electrocautery removal procedure depends on the siz...  Read Full »

Can immunotherapy be started for lung cancer PD-L1?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has lung cancer PD-L1. I need your advice regarding the continuation of this therapy. Docetaxel and Nintedanib are suggested. I think it is too heavy. I would prefer immunotherapy, if possible.   Read Full »

Dr. Varadarajan Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest going with Abraxane or Avastin plus Nivolumab combination for the following reasons: Using immunotherapy now as you do not want to miss the window of opportunity. Being targeted agents, side effects are not going to be a major issue as conventional ...  Read Full »

Which mast cell stabilizer would help my multiple allergies?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 23 year old. I have got a lot many allergies. Actually allergy from almost everything. 15 to 16 to be precise and reports of my prick test are attached. I get stomach problems, hyperacidity, indigestion, hives (urticaria), sinus, breathing problems and my eyelids and a part below...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cromolyn (Cromoglicic acid) is a mast cell stabilizer. Sodium cromoglycate is the chemical name for it. You must try allergen avoidance. That seems to be the only way. Allergy to so many substances will make immunotherapy very difficult. The success of avoidance depe...  Read Full »

Will getting blood test for allergy help me receive the right treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, So, I have hives, also known as chronic urticaria. Basically, I break out when the climate I am in is hot, or when I exercise. I visited my family doctor and he told me to get a blood test and he also gave me a Cetirizine (Zyrtec) prescription which is 20 mg. I have been taking this me...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The blood test should determine what allergen is causing the problems in you. Sometimes it can be a combination of allergens. Once we know that we help you avoid the same and prevent the sensitivity reactions. Allergies and hypersensitivities are not cured by medici...  Read Full »

Nothing seems to help my allergic rhinitis. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis. I saw many doctors and had a nasal septum deviation surgery last year too, to control the allergies but nothing helped. I have to take antihistamines twice every day. I take 180 mg Telfast. The symptoms are very similar to having the flu. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergy is a genetic disorder and does not have a permanent cure. When we know we are allergic to some substance, the best way to avoid allergy is to stay away from it. This form of allergen-avoidance is not practical in your case. To establish that it is allergy indee...  Read Full »

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand your concern regarding cure of allergies. Unfortunately, allergy of the nose cannot be totally cured, but definitely can be prevented. I would recommend the following:1. Get an allergy skin test done; so as to identify the allergen.  Avoiding the a...  Read Full »