Q. What is the possible cause for increased heart rate?

Dr. Rishu
Published on Dec 18, 2016

I am a 24 year old male. Even though I am healthy, I am always having a heart rate of 100 and above. What may be the possible cause for this? I had previously performed an ECG.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

• It can be a sinus tachycardia.
  • A sinus tachycardia is a sinus rhythm with an elevated rate of impulses, defined as a rate greater than 100 beats per minute in an average adult. The normal resting heart rate in an average adult ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute.
  • There are a number of causes for a sinus tachycardia. The most common causes include anemia, smoking (increased nicotine acts a stimulant) or elevated anxiety level.
  • Drugs like Propranolol and Clonazepam will be given to you initially for 21 days depending on your anxiety levels, sleep cycle and habits (smoking or alcohol use).

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Is the fact menorrhagia leads to anemia true?

Query: Hi doctor,Person who suffers from menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during period) is at higher risk of anemia. Is this true? Is there any basis to this claim? What if you are already anemic and suffering from menorrhagia? What complications are associated with the same? What precautions should one take i...  Read Full »

How to prevent the occurence of migraine headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 35 years old. I was suffering from a migraine headache for the last 15 years. Actually, it was not continuous but I recollect the durations once every five years for three months. I was taking Sebilium every night prescribed by the doctor. Again the headache is starting now. Please su...  Read Full »