Q. What is the possible cause for increased heart rate?

Dr. Rishu
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 28, 2021

I am a 24 year old male. Even though I am healthy, I am always having a heart rate of 100 and above. What may be the possible cause for this? I had previously performed an ECG.

#

• It can be a sinus tachycardia.
  • A sinus tachycardia is a sinus rhythm with an elevated rate of impulses, defined as a rate greater than 100 beats per minute in an average adult. The normal resting heart rate in an average adult ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute.
  • There are a number of causes for a sinus tachycardia. The most common causes include anemia, smoking (increased nicotine acts a stimulant) or elevated anxiety level.
  • Drugs like Propranolol and Clonazepam will be given to you initially for 21 days depending on your anxiety levels, sleep cycle and habits (smoking or alcohol use).

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|