Q. My last flu shot caused all my muscles to jump. Why?

I have been told not to get a flu shot anymore until I am in my 60's because the last shot I had caused my muscles all over my body to jump for many months after. Not one doctor has explained why this happened or what the risks are to get flu shots in the future or what this means for other vaccines.

#

• Flu shots are not as such known to cause the side effect mentioned by you. However, if you had the side effect then yes, you may experience the same taking another shot.
  • You may, however, ask your doctor for a different brand.
  • These days nasal spray shots are available for the flu. Ask your doctor to consider that.
  • I personally feel that flu shots are important. So, if you have experienced the side effect only once and you have taken the shots many times, then this could be just a chance issue.
  • How many times in life have you taken the shot?

For further queries consult a neurologist online -->https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

I have had the flu shot for decades, but I have also had my cardiologist and a neurologist tell me that it was, in fact, a reaction to the flu shot. So, why did this happen?

#

• In that case, you should not go for the influenza vaccine, commonly known as the flu shot. Also avoid pneumococcal vaccines too.
  • The risk of getting a severe reaction is there now as your body is sensitized due to the previous reaction.
  • So, flu shots are a clear no to you. 

Please ask me if you have any questions.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|