Influenza Vaccine

How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I improve my immunity for pneumonia since I already had it five times? Once when I was a kid, thrice in high school and currently at college. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pneumonia is a lung infection. It is a serious problem if you do not care about it in timely. You get pneumonia due to infection with bacteria, virus or fungus or if your immunity goes down. You said you had pneumonia five times in your lifetime. As you h...  Read Full »

How to prevent sinusitis, dry nose and shivering during winters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a recurring ailment that I usually get once or twice per winter. It starts with extreme shivering and overheating, but no fever. Day two usually involves a very dry nose, very low energy, and heightened sensitivity to touch or light. Days 3 to 5 usually involve more traditional...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of these attacks start as a viral infection and then become complicated by bacterial infection. These attacks are hard to be prevented completely but the use of seasonal influenza vaccines are helpful and can decrease the number of the attacks. Flu vaccines are tak...  Read Full »

Throat pain while swallowing and fever

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been having throat pain while swallowing and fever since last evening. She has been advised Clavam 625 twice for five days. Her fever has not gone below 100 and after about four hours of taking Dolo 650, it goes up to 102.5. So far, she has taken three doses of Clavam. Is...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is certainly possible to have such a fever and it is likely she has an upper respiratory tract infection. I think whatever she is receiving is fine. Antibiotics will take at least 48 hours to act and initially, the infection is viral. So, antibiotics may not...  Read Full »

My last flu shot caused all my muscles to jump. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been told not to get a flu shot anymore until I am in my 60's because the last shot I had caused my muscles all over my body to jump for many months after. Not one doctor has explained why this happened or what the risks are to get flu shots in the future or what this means fo...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flu shots are not as such known to cause the side effect mentioned by you. However, if you had the side effect then yes, you may experience the same taking another shot. You may, however, ask your doctor for a different brand. These days nasal spray shots are available...  Read Full »

Is there any vaccine for swine flu?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 1 year old. We are going to travel to our native place, and I heard that swine flu is epidemic there. So, I am very much scared about it. Kindly suggest some vaccination or a doctor who can provide a solution. How can we save our baby from this kind of disease?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can vaccinate the baby with the Vaxigrip (inactivated influenza) vaccine for swine flu, two weeks before the travel. Prevent the child from coming into contact with many people at a time. For further queries consult a child health specialist online --> https://icli...  Read Full »

When should my daughter get a flu vaccine?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 7 and a half months old and weighs around 8 kg. Overall, she is fine as per the latest check-up. After six months of breastfeed, she was started on solid foods as per the following schedule: 8 to 9 AM - cerelac wheat, 12 to 1 PM - rice, dhal, vegetable, 4 to 5 PM - fruit j...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she does not take fruits, please do not force her. Try some dishes with other fruits like boiled and crushed apple, mashed musk melon, etc. The taste keeps changing. Hence, if she refuses anything you can retry again after two weeks. Wheat is to be given after complet...  Read Full »

I am having fever on and off. Could this be swine flu?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling feverish since yesterday. My sister is not well, and I was around her during the day. She went to a second doctor after 15 days of sore throat, pain, weakness, vomiting, fever, cough, phlegm, and breathlessness. Her new doctor asked her to do a chest X-Ray and CBC. He s...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since these episodes are noticed after an exposure to a patient, you need to be careful. Flu, which is viral in origin, is very quick to spread. As it is a respiratory infection, it spreads through the air we breathe. I suggest the following:  Tab Dynapar (a combinat...  Read Full »