Q. Can I have sex after 13 days of hernia surgery?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had hiatal hernia surgery and Nissen fundoplication 13 days ago. I did not have sex with my girlfriend for the past 13 days. Would it be fine to make love now? I know that having orgasm put some muscle tension over the abdomen. Will it cause any damage to the stitch?

#

We are here to help you. I understand your concern.

• I would not recommend you to go for sex for at least four to six weeks after surgery. You may, however, go for foreplay that does not involve any vigorous pleasure activities.
  • I know this is disheartening, but that is for your good. Take care.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Could the position of sex be a problem? Or is the sexual tension itself the problem?

#

• I personally feel, if you go very slow, then that is the best. You should be down in any case.
  • Do not do any forceful or fast activity. There should be no jerk.

|