Q. Is it normal for my stomach to make squeaky sounds a few years after hernia surgery?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Is it normal for my stomach to make squeaky sounds a few years after hernia surgery?

#

The squeaky sound might be due to two reasons:

Most common cause of this is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). This has a history of constipation and alternative episodes of diarrhea, with or without pain. If you have these symptoms, then it is IBS. Fibre-rich diet and medications should be taken.

There are rare chances of it being an obstruction, secondary to surgery. In this case, you have to get an ultrasound abdomen scan done.

Revert back to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|