Q. Is it normal for my stomach to make squeaky sounds a few years after hernia surgery?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Published on Aug 01, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Is it normal for my stomach to make squeaky sounds a few years after hernia surgery?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

The squeaky sound might be due to two reasons:

Most common cause of this is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). This has a history of constipation and alternative episodes of diarrhea, with or without pain. If you have these symptoms, then it is IBS. Fibre-rich diet and medications should be taken.

There are rare chances of it being an obstruction, secondary to surgery. In this case, you have to get an ultrasound abdomen scan done.

Revert back to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Other than ultrasound, how can Down's syndrome be diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, I went for an ultrasound scan named targeted imaging for fetal anomalies. Other than hypoplasia of nasal bone, everything is normal. I need an expert opinion regarding advanced tests of ultrasound or amniocentesis, karyotyping or any ultrasound scan to ...  Read Full »

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Symptoms, Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Irritable bowel syndrome is one of the annoying gastrointestinal tract diseases because of the chronic nature of the disease and the variety of symptoms that can interfere with your daily life. Read Article

Dr. Mahmoud Abdallah Elashkar

Irritable bowel syndrome is a functional disturbance of colonic motility without organic causes. IBS is characterized by abdominal pain and altered bowel habits. Causes:  Unknown, but psychological disturbance plays a role. Symptoms: IBS is known to have a long history with long interval pe...  Read Article

Why did the ultrasound scan at the eighth week show 5.5 weeks baby with no heartbeat?

Query: Hello doctor, The first ultrasound scan at six weeks showed a baby with heartbeats. But, after 15 days, it shows 5.5 weeks baby with no heartbeat. The doctor told me to take MTP pills. After taking these pills, I had heavy bleeding for six days, and from the seventh day, I started expelling black bl...  Read Full »