Inhaled Steroids

Does sinusitis usually cause loss of taste?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female, non smoker. I had a sinus infection as a result of cold nearly two months ago. I was put on Doxycycline for two weeks and then a steroid nasal spray when the inflammation in my nose had not resided. I can smell things quite clearly up close to my nose but canno...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We will help you alleviate the problem. I understand that you are a 40 year old otherwise healthy lady suffering from sinus infection. You perceive smells close up your nose but have decreased taste sensation. You are worried about when the taste sensation will return a...  Read Full »

Does Wellbutrin affect testosterone levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I suddenly developed sexual dysfunction, I have reduced interest, arousal, plateau, and orgasm. The triggering event seems to be the discontinuation of 150 mg Bupropion because of adverse effects. I switched to 20 mg Citalopram, and over the course of six month...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from the history you gave and the levels of testosterone you mentioned, it is very high level of serum testosterone. There are usually some males who normally have high testosterone levels without any major underlying disease. I will discuss ...  Read Full »

What Is The Treatment For Coughing Fits And Severe Tonsillitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 18 year old female, who is suffering from coughing fits and severe tonsillitis. The coughing fits only come when I am lying down, and I bring up mucus which kills my throat.  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Tonsillitis can be caused by certain viruses or bacteria. The family of bacteria which typically causes tonsillitis are called streptococci. Streptococcus is also one of the most common and important causes of tonsillitis, bron...  Read Full »

Is it possible to cure my respiratory allergy and throat infection with some medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from nose block, throat pain, fever, occasional running nose, and headache. I am taking Nasaflo nasal spray and Fomtide inhaler two puffs every night. What is the drug of choice for the respiratory allergy and throat infection? Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is obvious that you are suffering from allergic rhinitis and asthma. The current treatment you are taking is appropriate for controlling your asthma and nasal rhinitis. There is no any drug of choice for treatment of respiratory allergy. The st...  Read Full »

I cannot breathe well because of swollen nasal passages. How to get it treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to the allergist a week back and he said my nasal passages were swollen up. He prescribed QNASL. I am going to meet an ENT doctor in a day or so. I cannot breathe well or smell. What can an ENT doctor do for me?  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The steroid nasal spray you are using has local steroid which helps in reducing the swelling. This spray you will have to use for around six weeks. Secondly, to treat nose block you may use local decongestant nose drops for five days. If you have excessive sneezing you ...  Read Full »

Using betnelan tablet for asthma. What are the side effects of it?

Query: Dear Doctor, In the last 6 years, I am using Betnelan tablet for asthma. I want to know the side effects of it. Age 28 years, m, height: 170cm, weight 44kg.  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The side-effects of betnelan tablet are as follows: Loss of skin atrophy. Local white patches of deeply pigmented skin. Dryness. Irritation. Nasal bleed. Ulceration or perforation of the nasal septum. Smell and taste disturbances. Hoarseness and fungal infection of the ...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to say that bronchial asthma or allergic bronchitis is just controllable and not completely curable. Following are the answers for your questions: 1. You should avoid Glemont-F. Reserve it only for acute exacerbations. Try to control your problem with inhale...  Read Full »

My 3.3 year old son has allergic rhinitis. Can I use Budecord inhaler?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3.3 years old. Last year, he had three episodes of allergic rhinitis and one episode of allergic conjunctivitis. This year, our pediatrician asked us to get an allergy test done, and he put my son on Momeflo, Nukast 4, and Levolin inhaler. We found out that he is allergic to...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma can sometimes present as cough and allergic reactions in the skin. This is called atopy. You are doing right by avoiding the potential allergens. There are two types of treatment in asthma, and one is steroid and other is a beta-agonist. It depends on the severity ...  Read Full »

How fast do antibiotics relieve asthmatic cough?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 11 years old. He weighs 22 kg. He has asthmatic type of cough problem. The paediatrician usually gives him an antibiotic for 10-12 days and still if the cough persists he will extend the antibiotic for another 2-3 days. When the cough remains an issue, he gives Azithromycin 300 ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antibiotics would help only in case of infection. Antibiotics have role in initial acute exacerbation else not. If he has fever, then we need to give antibiotics. Bronchial asthma requires treatment with antihistaminic drugs and bronchodilator. By giving Betnelan (Betam...  Read Full »

I fall sick when I go out in the rain or take cold foods. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from an allergic reaction whenever I drink cold water, go out in the rain, expose myself to the cold breeze, or take a cold water bath. I get relief with cetirizine.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from vasomotor rhinitis. It is slightly different from an allergic rhinitis. To be sure we need to get more details: Does the rhinitis get triggered when you inhale dusty and polluted air? Does it worsen when you go close to flowers and pollen?...  Read Full »