Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection

My sperm count is zero. Can I go ahead with ICSI?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an issue of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Due to that my sperm count was zero. As per my doctor's advice, I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 weekly twice over the last 12 months. I took semen analysis test at two centers and it shows sperm production has started. I shared the result ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The semen sample given by you has been taken eight days back and had pus cells. But, the one taken three days back was not. If we can another semen culture to know whether there is any infection, then it would be better. As the count being too low and mostly all sperms...  Read Full »

Is it possible to stay sexually active with one testis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I can remember that since I was about 11, my left testicle has always been high up in my scrotum. When I look down at my genitals, I cannot see my right testicle. But, my left one is clearly visible and starts at the same position next to my penis. I understand that one...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Normally, right testis remain little higher up than the left, but in your case it is a little higher up. During the process of formation, testes are formed inside the abdo...  Read Full »

How many times can a person undergo IVF in total?

Query: Hello doctor,How many IVF can one person undergo in total? We have attempted three ICSI with negative results. Each time, the embryo failed to develop more than four days, once developed only up to morula stage on day five. My wife is 30 years old with AMH 4.5 with type-2 diabetes. Next, what can we...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing today? There is no limit to the number of times you can do ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection). But if I may advise, why not try to correct the underlying cause for the failure of a healthy embryo growth? An AMH of 4 or more means she has plen...  Read Full »

What are my chances of becoming a father?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male married for five years. My wife and I are trying for a baby for the last two and a half years with no luck. My wife had gone for an HSG and other tests and her reports are all good. My semen analysis was fine too. We had gone for IUI thrice with no luck. Now, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per your report, you have asthenoteratozoospermia. Also, your report shows pus cells. Now, I suggest the following:  Get a semen culture done to rule out an infection in the semen which may ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to cure a zero sperm count?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male and my wife is 28 years old. I have been suffering from azoospermia and have been in touch with different doctors for the last eight to 10 months. I have done many tests and everyone is ending up with a suggestion of testicular biopsy. My wife is not in f...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and reviewed the attached reports of USG and semen analysis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As there is azoospermia, I cannot comment on your chances, unless there is a possibility of sperm retrieval from the testis. This is possibl...  Read Full »

Should we think of IUI or ICSI to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife and myself have been married for one year and seven months. We started regular coitus about eight months ago for at least two to three times per week. Her cycle occurs every month, but ranges between 26 to 29 days. We are unable to conceive. Her hormonal profile and pelvic US are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I feel you and your wife have a good chance of conception with IUI (intrauterine insemination). However, I would like to suggest you get your wife's tubes tested by means of a hysterosalping...  Read Full »