Intravenous Antibiotics

My son has abdominal swelling after Hirschsprung disease operation. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2 years old. He had a problem with stool passage and Hirschsprung disease. Last month, with the guidance of doctor laparoscopy and colonic biopsy were done under trans and endorectal pull-through operation. But, for the last two weeks, he is suffering from abdominal distentio...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your history as well. As per the report, there is an obstruction in the intestine due to the local infection, which generally happens post surgery in some cases. I would suggest you t...  Read Full »

I am vomiting and have diarrhea after eating out. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe vomiting and diarrhea. I vomited 5 times in the last 6 hours and visited the toilet for about 30 to 35 times. Yesterday, I had outside food such as burger, pizza, chips, bread, etc. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. Vomiting five times within 6 hours and going to the toilet for about 35 times denote that the condition is severe enough to warrant hospital admissions. Please do not wast...  Read Full »

What is the treatment of pneumonitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 and a half year old son had a high fever of 103 for four days. Then he was normal for five days but caught up with a cough and fever of less than 102. The doctor administered antibiotic Cefixime and Ibuprofen for five days, but the cough persisted. Though he appears normal at dayt...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please resend the attachment. If there is pneumonitis on the X-ray, it is better to admit him as it can spread. Intravenous antibiotics are more effective and the response is quick. We cannot differentiate H1N1 and pneumonia on the X-ray. We need to send the throat swa...  Read Full »

How long will it take for a middle ear infection to get cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 years and 8 month old kid has a middle ear infection from the past ten days. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic, but it is not cured. How long can I wait for it to get cured?  Read Full »

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the reports you have uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that your child has an acute middle ear infection which is very common in kids until the age of six years. It usually happens following a cold or upper respiratory tract i...  Read Full »

Can H.pylori infection be treated with injectable antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with an H.pylori infection. My current symptoms are an inability to eat properly, excessive burping, and restlessness. My doctor advised taking Cravit and Amoxicillin, along with Pantoprazole as an acid reducer. Just after one doze of antibiotics, I have severe...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Injectable therapy is available for H.pylori infection, and it is more efficacious as compared to oral treatment. Injectable therapy include. Injection Omeprazole 80 mg stat, followed by 40 mg twice a day for three days, intravenously. Injection Ampicillin 1.5 gm stat, f...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest a tablet.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is pregnant and she is due for delivery in another one week. She is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest good tablet.  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If loose motions are watery or associated with blood and mucus in stool or if there is fever, she needs to consult doctor for IV antibiotics or fluids (intravenous). If it is not so then she can take probiotics like (Saccharomyces boulardii) Econorm sachet once or twice d...  Read Full »

What can we do for faster recovery of diabetic foot ulcer?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 53 years old  and she weighs 60 kg. She has fell down and tried home remedy for foot but, the foot has become worse. Now she is hospitalized. Her sugar level was 295 on the first day and now they have controlled it with insulin and today her sugar level is 180. What can w...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the pictures, it is a clearly indicative of diabetic foot ulceration (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since she has uncontrolled diabetes, the nerves and blood vessels to the foot have been affected and have become ulcerated. The depth of the wo...  Read Full »

Would you do a peg tube replacement on an elderly patient with fever and infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Would you do a peg tube replacement on an elderly patient whom has 100-degree temperature and has infection coming from the peg site? If not, what would you do to take care of the infection? And since it is an elderly patient, would you admit the patient to a hospital for the infec...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We prefer not to change the tube until the tube site is Infected. For infection control, we need to give antibiotics. Depending on the severity of infection, we decide about oral or IV antibiotics. Most of the infection can be taken care without problems. Sometimes, s...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain, and I vomit as soon as I eat something. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male, who has diabetes. For my diabetic problem, I am using Insulin Human Actrapid daily 10 units. Therefore, I am getting weak and getting fits. So far, I have had five fits. I got CT scan of the brain, and there was a small blood clot in the brain. I also have p...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a urinary infection, which is causing all your symptoms of vomiting and abdominal pain. The kidneys are not removing toxins from your body and its accumulation is causing all sympto...  Read Full »

What do you recommend for my father's cellulitis leg?

Query: Hi doctor,My father got a wound in his leg in a small accident. He is a diabetic and because of this reason, cellulitis has occurred in his leg. We took a treatment for that, but the treatment is somewhat doubtful to us. He is on Distaclor CD 375 and Debridase ointment. Please give us a suggestion.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. In evaluating his case, my recommendations would be that he should be admitted for a week and should be given injectable broad antibiotics according to his culture and sensitivity report. He would also require a color Doppler of his leg to rule out...  Read Full »