Q. I have involuntary movement in my body with simple motion for the past one week. Why?

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2020

For the last one week, my body is having involuntary movement. The body continuously moves in simple harmonic motion (mildly) it gave me a false feeling that by a building is in simple harmonic motion and usually I afraid that it is an earthquake.

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology
#

Have you taken any new medicines or alcohol? Any stressful event happened in the last week? Any history of fever or sore throat? If not then it is seems acute panic attack of anxiety.

You take following medicine for five days and follow up with me after five days.

Tablet Zapiz 0.5 mg at bed time for five days, and tablet Provanol (Propranolol) 20 mg one tablet in the morning after breakfast for five days.

| 

No, I have not taken any new medicines or alcohol. No stressful event in the past. No history of fever or sore throat. If not then it seems an acute panic attack of anxiety. I did not have any panic attacks. For the last two months, (May and June) I have been waking up all night for office work and then from last two weeks, I am having proper sleep.

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

#

It is a transient event, will improve after a short course of the above given medicines. In case if it will not improve then we have to go for some more testings like MRI brain, etc.

|