Q. Please help me understand the outcome of my brain tumor surgery.

Dr. Uphar Gupta
Published on Dec 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Three months back, I had CyberKnife surgery for a brain tumor. Today, I had my MRI again. I want to know the report. Please explain.

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

• The MRI brain showed that the mass is pressing the fifth cranial nerve, which takes the sensations from the face to the brain.
  • The good news is that the vital cavernous sinus is not compressed and hence the mass is resectable.
  • Please send me the full image and the report for a detailed consultation. Wish you a good health.

Revert back with the detailed reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have attached the entire report. 1 and 2 were before tumor treatment and 3 and 4 are after surgery. Please compare and tell me in detail about the improvement. Also, please inform whether the tumor is reduced or not. Thank you for your time.

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

• This second scan shows (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that even after the mass has been resected out there is a remaining amount of it, which is compressing the fifth cranial nerve that is trigeminal nerve.
  • This means that the tumor has to be resected. But in the meantime, you shall have to start some medications to decrease the pressure.
  • I suggest tablet Wysolone 40 mg (Prednisolone) once in the morning and syrup Glycerol 15 mL thrice daily. Please consult your surgeon again, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Are Wysolone, HCQS, Saaz and Shelcal safe during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 26 years old and she is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for the past one year. Now, she is pregnant. Her tablet pattern is Wysolone 2.5 mg in alternative days, HCQS 0-0-1, Saaz 1-1-1 and Shelcal 0-0-1. The lab tests performed were ANA 1+, RA factor less than 20. Are the...  Read Full »

There is a white mass above my teeth in MRI. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a brain MRI nine months ago. The report came back completely normal. I decided to look at the images last night and I noticed this bright white mass above my teeth. Either the mass is near my teeth or in my sinuses. I am worried that I have a tumor growing and it was looked over...  Read Full »

I have spasms and pins and needles sensation in my hand. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having spasms in my hand. I had it briefly in the left hand and then, my right arm was feeling numb. This morning my right hand has spasms on all fingers at different occasions with some pins and needle feeling. Please help.  Read Full »