Common "Itchy Blisters" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Itchy Blisters

Itchy blisters can occur due to dyshidrosis, which is not a contagious condition. It is a skin condition that causes blisters on the soles of the feet and palms of the hands. The blisters are itchy and filled with fluids. They usually occur due to seasonal allergies and stress and can take around two to four weeks to heal. It is treated by corticosteroid creams and UV (ultraviolet) light.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My 1-year-old baby boy has recurrent scabies. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 1-year-old baby boy got scabies when he was just four months. He was prescribed permethrin 5 %, and it worked. But slowly, it started again. Almost ten months have passed, and small blisters have appeared on his fingers and palms, especially on the sides of his feet. These blisters ...  Read Full »

Dr. Saira Mohsin

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From the detailed history, it seems that scabies is still active. Apply Permethrin lotion at night for three consecutive nights on the baby and all the family members simultaneously. Give syrup. T-Day (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) half teaspoon at night for two we...  Read Full »

I have small, itchy, fluid-filled blisters. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is the blisters on the side of my fingers, on my palms, my soles, and between my toes. It all began when I went to Germany last year after having already gone there several times during the same time. The blisters were only on my fingers at first, but now that I have gone ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concerns. With your descriptions and given pic (attachment removed to protect patient's identity), it seems you have pompholyx. 1. Pompholyx generally causes itching of the hands and feet because hands and feet usually come...  Read Full »

Does breast pain with blisters indicate herpes zoster or inflammatory breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 38-year-old female. I got an all-clear BIRADS-1 on the breast ultrasound taken before 40 days. I got a pain in the outer bottom edge of my right breast before seven days. It became a burning pain that remained focused on that area. I thought that it was related to my cycles which we...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please answer the following questions, which will give an idea regarding the nature of the illness. Please mention whether the skin lesions look like fluid-filled blisters. Does the burning pain radiates toward the back? Please mention whether you took any new medicatio...  Read Full »

What could be the itchy lesion behind the ear leaking clear liquid?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some lesions on the right back of my ear on the outer side. It is red and itchy, and when I rubbed, it leaks a clear liquid. When it dries up, there is a crust that makes it tight and itchy. There is also a little red patch on the skin below the ear. What can I do to stop the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Do not rub the lesions. Otherwise, you will get the further infection. Keep the area clean and dry. Do not remove the crusts. If you want to clean the area, use an antiseptic solution (Povidone-iodine in dilution of 1:4) and apply an antibiotic ointment. Please send a c...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for itchy blisters in hands with dry and flaky skin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old. I have developed eczema-like symptoms on the hands, especially. I take Levocet M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) daily to control itching in my hands and foot. Itching of hands develops blisters, which, when gets cured, leaves behind hard, flaky, and leathery skin....  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Please send a few good quality photographs taken in natural light.  Read Full »

What is the reason for itchy and watery foot blisters?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 49 years old. She is having blister kind of thing appearing laterally on her left foot, followed by itching, and release of water for the past two to three months. She did not take any medications for the same until now. Besides this, she is a patient of thyroid disorder ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is foot eczema with skin peeling. Use Fucidin cream twice daily for 10 days, Emoderm cream at daytime for 20 days, and Calosoft lotion after bath for 10 days. Take tablet Zifi (Cefixime) 200 mg twice daily for five days, tablet Emanzen D (Serratiopeptidase and Dic...  Read Full »

I am getting red and pink itchy spots filled with fluid all over my arm, and elbows. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22-year-old female with height 5'18" weight 143.30 Ibs. I am getting red and pink itchy spots filled with fluid all over my arm, especially elbows for five days now under my chin. Why? I do not take any medications and do not have any medical issues.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Answer: Hello, Welcome to They seem like allergy rash depending on your exposure history to any new cosmetic on arms, or other. You have popped them out, (big mistake), that has caused them to spread more, and get infected with possible bacteria (white spots I can notice). Keep good local hyg...  Read Full »

I have an itchy and swollen rash that leaks straw-colored liquid. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have had the rash for about a week and have taken antihistamines. I saw a pharmacist today who said she had never seen something like this before so I was sent to a minor injuries unit who told me to come back in two days if it had not gone. It leaks straw-colored liquid and is very i...  Read Full »

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is infected eczematous dermatitis (IED). I suggest you take an oral antibiotic like either Amoxycillin 500 mg or Cephalexin 500 mg, thrice daily for a week. In a...  Read Full »

Why do I repeatedly get skin infection with itching on my wrist?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got this skin infection on my right-hand wrist, and I have attached the picture. This has happened five to six times. Last time it happened due to tying thread in hand. This time, I do not know. Last time, the doctor said to have Clavam 625 after Mometasone plus Sertaconazole cr...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Answer: Hi,Welcome to saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I amlisting the possibilities in the order of highest probability: Herpes simplex infection. Recurrent furunculosis. Allergic contact dermatitis. Subcutaneous fungal infection.I would like to kno...  Read Full »

Would dermatologists be comfortable checking the penile area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been feeling itching in the penile area and anal area for almost two to three months. I am taking the antibiotic Taxim-O 200. It works for a few days, and some pus cells are found in the urine test. But after some days, again, there is intense itching in the penile area, and the...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Itching in the penile area and around the anus could very commonly be a symptom of fungal infection. These are the moist areas of the body and tend to catch fungus quickly. Do you notice any rashes or round patches, or whitish discoloration at these places? Are you d...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.