Itchy Bumps

Itchy bumps on the skin can result from various conditions like allergies, skin cancer, and infection. The common causes include hives, cold sore, measles, chickenpox, poison ivy rash, scabies, etc. Consult a dermatologist for proper treatment.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I have small red itchy bumps around my groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a really irritating itch around my groin area, inner thigh and also in the abdomen area. It has spread to my buttock area too. I need help in solving this. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I need more information on your problem. Since how long do you have this problem? Is there any skin discoloration seen? Kindly let me know above details. Also, if possible kindly upload a picture of inner thigh region. Revert back with the asked details to an internal med...  Read Full »

Is itchy and popping vesicle above the butt crack a sign of herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, The top of my butt crack has been itching for the past two days. I decided to scratch and a bump appeared. When I woke up this morning I noticed that it was still itchy but the bump was there anymore. I reached the back to feel it, but it felt a little wet as if it popped. I do not kn...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through the details and photo given by you. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Though the photo is not clear it appears as excoriated vesicle. You have not mentioned your age and symptoms like pain. It is at the top of your butt crack and the ...  Read Full »

What could be the sudden onset of little itchy bumps in the body?

Query: Hello doctor, So for the past couple of weeks, I have been very itchy and will break out in little bumps. I went to the doctor to find out if it was an allergic reaction or something else but they were not very helpful. They prescribed me Desonide for the breakouts. I have been using it but it has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query. Profuse itching over your body leading to a little red bumps could be an urticaria or an allergic reaction. Since it is from two weeks it can be acute urticaria. Urticaria uaually comes down in 24 - 48 hours to appear in other areas. These can...  Read Full »

What could be the small, red itchy bumps on the body of a 2-year-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old baby developed small red pimple like bumps on her body about three weeks ago. The bumps were not itchy and were just on her stomach, back and limbs. We initially thought it was eczema, as we already know she suffers from this or measles, but she is up to date with her va...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha


Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your description gives me two possibilities, one is skin infection which we term as pyoderma, which has a severity range of being mild to very severe. An antibiotic like Augmentin (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid), Mupirocin would definitely help. She also has an itc...  Read Full »

What causes skin tags like bumps inside the vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed that my left inner labia are swollen and a little itchy. I thought that the itch comes and goes and it is definitely not a constant one. I have no unusual discharge and it does not burn or pain when I pee. I noticed that there is a tiny smooth skin tag-like bump on the lab...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The presence of local swelling and itchiness over one side labia minora alone, indicates an element of inflammation. The presence of skin tag bump, which is swollen, is unlikely to be a vaginal wart, as warts are not acutely occurring lesions. This could be a folliculi...  Read Full »

All of a sudden, my skin changed. I got bumps and feeling a bit dry. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, All of a sudden, my skin changed from the last two days, and got bumps and feeling a bit dry. I am worried. Can you please tell me why I got these bumps?  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to bumps you refer to look like a kind of acne to me. Any change in the creams or soaps you apply to your face last few days? Any change in lifestyle, like excess travel, sun exposure, dietary changes, etc.? For treating it, apply Clindac cream (Clindamycin) daily twice...  Read Full »

I have bumps on my buttocks that itch. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have got bumps on my buttocks which are painless and itchy. No pus is present. They are hard, dry and usually itchy while sleeping. I am trying to avoid scratching it but the sensation of itching increases even more unless I strike my nails over it. There is no increase in the number...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have noted your case details (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and would help you deal with the problem on the basis of my experience with similar cases in my clinic. Your problem is generally caused by a mite and is manageable. Please do not u...  Read Full »

Why do I have brown spots on fingertips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dark spots on my fingers that I have noticed this month only. It seems to be dry skin and this area on my fingers look bruised, as if they were left in the cold and looks almost purplish. In the past I did have tiny bumps that were itchy on the sides of my fingers but, they ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to There are two probabilities of your condition, one is allergic contact dermatitis and the other is pompholyx which is also known as dyshidrotic eczema. Since you have not mentioned your age, complaint, onset and progression of these bumps in details, I am unable to co...  Read Full »

Why do I have red itchy bumps on my ankle?

Query: Hello doctor, I have red itchy bumps on both legs and ankles. They keep recurring for months. I have attached the pictures for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. Let me know whether the itching occurs predominantly at night? Any other family members or roommates are affected? ...  Read Full »

I recently had protected sex and had bumpy dots on the hand. Is this HIV?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently had unprotected sex with a prostitute last month. I had a condom with me for the starting the last five minutes she took off the condom and put my penis into it for about 5 minutes or lesser. For a few days, I have nothing because I did not know much about HIV only heard it b...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I want to bring some of the recent facts about HIV tests. Studies have shown that the recent tests are highly sensitive and specific and HIV seroconversion (positivity) could be detected within one to two weeks after the onset of illness by the majority of the curren...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.