Q. I have itchy scrotum with pins and needles sensation. Kindly suggest solution.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I have pins and needles like itch on my scrotum, for the past three years. I scratch it raw sometimes, and cannot really sleep. I cannot wear tight pants anymore, because of this, and it is starting to ruin my sex life. It just itches all the time, and sometimes makes my inner thigh and pelvis are raw. I wash my body every day with sensitive skin soap and lotion after the shower.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern. From the history you provided, it seems either you have scabies infection or scrotal dermatitis.

Scabies is an infection in which tiny itchy bumps appear on genitals and sometimes on the body also, with more itching at night.

Scrotal dermatitis is a kind of allergy on which scrotum develops pink rash with dryness and severe itching.

If you could please describe wheather you have rashes or tiny pimple-like bumps, or if could share a photo, that would really help to definitive diagnosis and treatment.

| 

I have a dry rash with no bumps. I only get rashes when I scratch so much, but before that, there is nothing, and it still itches. Is there any cream to cure it?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

So, now we know you have scrotal dermatitis. Take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg daily at night for 10 days. If Levocetirizine makes you feel sleepy, take tablet Allegra 180 mg daily at night. Apply Hydrocortisone 1% cream in a very small quantity like a drop spread on the itchy area daily at night for 15 days. And a good moisturizer at least three to four times daily. If you get Aveeno, that is a really good moisturizer.

Do not apply Hydrocortisone cream too much. Apply in a very small quantity and do not apply for more than two weeks without consulting me. If rash resolves then follow up is not needed but if it does not resolve with these medicines, please follow up.

|