Q. What is the reason for the white and itchy areas on the penis?

Dr. Sreelakshmi S
Published on Sep 18, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

My the testicular area is white and itchy. Similarly, the penis has a slight black color. Itching and rashes on the umbilical side. Hair loss can be overwhelming.

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Dermatology Venereology
#

The itching and discoloration on your scrotum and penis may be due to fungal infection. But it could also be due to another condition called scrotal dermatitis. The first and most important thing is to wear undergarments that are loose to allow air circulations. Keep the area dry always. Do not use too much soap or other antiseptics. Use Candid solution at night time and let it dry. You can use the Candid solution in the umbilical area also.

Take a single dose of Fluconazole 150 mg tablet. If your symptoms show no improvement in two weeks, we can consider other treatment options. I would recommend you to upload photos of rashes in your genital area and umbilical area protecting your privacy, which will help me to get a more clear picture. Regarding hair loss, I would like to know your family history of male pattern baldness. You can use Mintop (Minoxidil 5 %) solution every day. Falli hair tablet is a multivitamin tablet to help you from hair loss. If you have to scale on your scalp, use Triclenz shampoo twice a week. Follow up after two weeks or whenever needed. We can consider necessary lab tests then.

Fungal infection.

1. Candid Solution 1 % two to three drops night time.
2. Tablet Flucanzole 150 mg single dose.
3. Folli hair tablet one per day.
4. Triclenz shampoo.
5. Mintop solution 5 %.

Wear loose clothes and keep the area dry.

| 

What are the pimple-like rashes on the penis head?

Query: Hi doctor, My skin around the scrotum is flaking and senseless on touch. Also, the same on penis head. There are a lot of rashes like pimples on the bottom of the penis head. It gives a bad odor. I am 23 years old and I have been in this condition for more than seven years now. My past medication wa...  Read Full »

How do I treat the inflammation on the tip of my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I got inflammation on tip of my penis. It is itchy and burning. I used Quadriderm cream at first and thought it was a normal infection. It got better but now it came back again. What should I do? They have also appeared in the testes but it seems like they started appearing inside the ...  Read Full »

Does rashes on penis mean sexually transmitted disease?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I have been experiencing a minor rash on the crown of my penis. I have have been using antibacterial cream since then but it does not seem to recover. The rash occurred a month after I had an unprotected sex. No itch, no discharge, no pain while urinating or a...  Read Full »