Jaw Pain

Is there any way to manage jaw pain in bilateral condylar fracture other than using pain killers?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is suffering from jaw pain since last three years. She had an accident before two years. She suffered bilateral condyle fractures. Closed fixation and conservative approach was done but after four weeks, case went bad with open bite issue. So again she went for closed fixat...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Send me your most recent OPG (orthopantomogram) x ray digital image for examination before I could give an opinion.  Read Full »

I have pain in my left arm and jaws along with dry mouth. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a bad pain in my left arm and jaws. Lightheaded and dry mouth, and hence got the test done.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports, and they are normal. This is unlikely to be related to the heart. A similar kind of pain may occur in reflux disease. Do you get any bloating, burping, soar water feeling in mouth or chest burning intermittently? If yes, then it likely...  Read Full »

Why do I have jaw pain after root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done in one of my lower right teeth. It was done in one sitting with the help of a laser. Everything was fine for a week. Then, one day my right jaw started aching and I was not able to open the jaw more than half an inch. There wa mild pain below the ear and it inc...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it can be due to muscle spasm but as it started after one week then it can also be due to infection in the root canal treated tooth. So, first of all, the exact cause needs to be ruled out. If Flexon MR (Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, and Chlorzoxazone) and muscle exe...  Read Full »

Is jaw and ear pain after tooth extraction normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a complicated wisdom tooth removal one week ago. My gum was cut and I have stitches (dissolvable). I still have jaw pain, pain in what I believe are the glands in my neck, some ear pain and the extraction site is still sore. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Mild discomfort and reduced mouth opening along with swelling are normal for 3 to 5 days after extraction. Since you are telling about the glands (lymph nodes), you will need antibiotics too. Follow the instructions given by your dentist...  Read Full »

My right side jaw is paining while having food. What could be the reason for it?

Query: Hello doctor, My right side jaw is paining while having food. On consultation, I was advised for physiotherapy. What could be the reason for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be several issues expected, 1. As you mentioned if there is only jawline problem, then you should have physiotherapy and warm massage at TM joints (tempero mandibular) at the junction of the ear when you open your mouth, it can be felt quickly. Do warm m...  Read Full »

I have earache for the past two days, and it gives some mild jaw pain also. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have earache for the past two days, not terrible pain but it is still there. It has been giving me some tiredness and mild jaw pain as well. What should I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The middle ear infection can be possible according to the mentioned history. You need to get your otoscopy ear examination first to rule out any pathology in the ear if present. If the infection is present in the form of redness and pus in the ear during otoscopy...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in lower jaw that goes to neck, ear and the back of head?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 57 years old, post-menopause for five years, has pain in her lower right jaw at one point, throbbing pain. When pain increases, it goes to the back of the neck, ears, and back of the head. We have consulted a dentist and he has ruled out any dental reason, though she has so...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Confirm her heart status. The pain you are describing may be an anginal pain. Consult cardiologist for the same. Also, I can see the lower wisdom tooth X-ray you have sent is showing the position of the third molar is slightly tilted and is pushing adjacent tooth (a...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling spasms on face with jaw pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I was feeling spasms on my face especially the cheek and the muscles surrounding the lips. My jaws were paining. I was unable to chew food either. I have always had this habit of grinding teeth. I think I should stop that now. Even now that feeling is there but it is not as profound a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial spasm most common cause is facial nerve irritation or nerve injury. Second can be due to tetany due to hypocalcemia. The third can be due to temporomandibular joint pain. So, we need to rule out all these causes. Kindly tell us about any recent infection that ...  Read Full »

Do pain and popping sound during jaw movements mean osteoarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weight 79 kg. Vegetarian diet. Before two years, due to stomach disturbance and pain and some popup and cracker sound occurred in my knee joints. I visited the doctor and he suggested me for a laboratory test of liver function test and all ...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all the history details and reports. It shows mild osteoarthritis which is not reversible. But if you maintain your weight and exercise, it will halt. Please do quadriceps exercise for knees and for shoulder, bench press. Take a lot of fruits and vegetabl...  Read Full »

I have tooth pain along with pain during opening the mouth. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have lower and upper jaw pain, toothache, pain opening the mouth and a neck ache.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might have a habit of clenching your teeth very tightly, that is why you are having joint pain on opening and closing of the mouth. Your TMJ must be disrupted. For its relief, take tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day for three days. And take any best muscle relaxant tabl...  Read Full »