HomeAnswersPsychiatryjealousy feelingI am jealous and obsessed because my boyfriend praises another girl. What should I do?

Is there a way to overcome my obsession and jealousy because my boyfriend praises another girl?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 26, 2023
Reviewed AtApril 26, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am getting too much jealous and unable to handle the obsession. Three years back, my boyfriend asked a girl out, and he got rejected. After this, he started dating me. For the past three years, he never stopped appreciating her and her qualities. At one point he said that "she is so inspiring and hard-working learn from her". I know what my goals are and he always defends her whenever I bring up this topic.

Kindly help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I went through your query and understood your concern.

It is not your fault. You need to talk to your boyfriend. These are normal emotional expressions, anyone at your place will react in the same way. He should be mature enough to take his past as past. Comparisons make life miserable. You need to talk to him clearly about this. Everyone is special and unique in their way. We cannot compare two different people.

I hope this has helped you.

Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki
Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy