Q. Which medicine in ayurveda is recommended to remove a 26 mm kidney stone?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Dec 29, 2018

In my left kidney, there are multiple stones. The largest stone is 26 mm. And I have got my kidneys operated two times. First was an open surgery six years back and the second was endoscopy three years back. Can the 26 mm stone be removed by any medicine?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

Cystone and Calcuri (Ayurvedic tablets) can be taken. Two tablets morning and two tablets evening 5 PM can be taken continuously for three months. Then you may repeat the scan. This size is difficult to dissolve within a short period, takes a long time. If you have pain, you may go for lithotripsy surgery and do the chemical analysis of the stone. This will give the type of stones. Based on this we can plan herbal therapy.

How can kidney stones be detected?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full

Ultrasound shows flushed out kidney stones. Why is burning still there?

Query: Hello doctor, I had UTI and kidney stones earlier. My ultrasound states that my pancreas are normal in size and echotexture and the kidney stones have been flushed out, but there is infrequent burning. Can you shed more light on the latter part (echotexture)? Currently, I am on ayurvedic medicines ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This ultrasound is normal (pancreatitis, spleen and kidneys) (attachment removed to protect patient identity) besides, there are the following findings: Fat accumulated in the liver, which means that the patient should avoid alcohol and lose some pounds. Some pol...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now