Q. I am having kidney stones and it is increasing in number. Please give your opinion.

Dr. Gajanan Bhat
Published on Oct 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2019

I am having kidney stones. Multiple calculi are seen in both kidneys. These kidney stones are there for the past two years, which were smaller in size and were two, and now the number has further increased. I am currently on himalya tablets, Neeri Syrup. I have attached the lab report for your reference.

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgery Urology
#

I have seen your report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is a case of bilateral kidney stones that are non-obstructive. Ultrasound is usually operator dependent, and the findings are not always accurate. Hence you have to undergo NCCT KUB (noncontrast computed tomography for kidney, ureter, and bladder) for definitive diagnosis. If that also gives similar findings, then you can either undergo medical management if the CT suggests stone of uric acid composition or surgical management if the composition of stone is non-uric acid.There are a few surgical options, which can be discussed following NCCT KUB. Please get back to me with NCCT KUB.

Can UTI cause only left sided abdominal pain and burning sensation on urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old girl, I am having left abdominal pain and burning sensation on urinating. I did an ultrasound, but it was normal, and no renal stones were found. After few days, I started having pain from the back till the bladder, vomiting, and weakness. So, I got admitted, and t...  Read Full >>

Dr. Raja Ramesh
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and from what you say, it may be a urinary tract infection. To rule out urinary tract infection, I would suggest urine culture. Left sided pain can occur if the left kidney and ureter is infected, ...  Read Full

How to clear kidney stones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment. So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease. Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://...  Read Full

Diagnosed with Kidney Stone - What Next?

Article Overview: Many patients are found to have small 3 mm to 5 mm stones in kidneys. They get worried and rush to doctor. Some land up taking unnecessary, costly treatment. Here, I have discussed a few information about kidney stones. Read Article

Dr. Devendra
Urologist

The anatomy of the urinary system is such that urine formed in the kidney is transported to urinary bladder by a narrow tube called ureter. Size is the limiting factor for natural passage of kidney stone through this narrow passage. Ureter can accommodate around 4 mm diameter st...  Read Article