Kidney X-ray

How do nephrolithiasis and soft tissue calcification vary?

Query: Hi doctor, The findings of my 12 year old daughter's x-ray showed a cluster of 3 mm density overlying the right kidney, which may represent soft tissue calcification versus nephrolithiasis. I would like to get a clear understanding of the difference between soft tissue calcification and nephrolithi...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nephrolithiasis means kidney stones and soft tissue calcification means any part of renal parenchyma gets high deposits of calcium and show up in x-ray. I want to know the reason for x-ray done. Is she having pain in the flank or burning sensation in urine or fever or vo...  Read Full »

I have a frequent urge to urinate but cannot. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a pain in the lower part of my stomach. I also have an urge to urinate but, feel that the urine is not coming through. It happened to me quite a few times now. Can you explain what is causing this and also suggest a medicine. I am on regular medications for thyroid, migraine, a...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This kind of a pain and an urge to urinate can happen due to the following possibilities: A renal stone coming down. A urinary infection. Prostate problems. Give me the following details: What is your age? Since how many days do you have this problem? Do you have any o...  Read Full »

What are the measures to control increased urine frequency?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 80 years old. Since last two months, there is increased urine frequency. Earlier, she used to have five to six times a day and now, it has become 10 to 12 times in a day. We consulted urology specialists and according to them both kidneys and bladder seemed normal. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. According to the history, it looks like she is suffering from a low capacity with overactive bladder. An urodynamic study will give an idea about bladder capacity and bladder pressure during voiding. So, it is better to go ahead with an urodyna...  Read Full »

Will kidney infection cause back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER two days ago due to excruciating pain in my back, which I thought was caused by herniated disc. I have received a steroid injection and pain medication. This morning I noticed the pain has moved upward towards my kidneys. Could this be a kidney infection? Please note ...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such immediate terrible pain might be caused by both herniated disc and urinary tract problems such as kidney stones, urinary tract infection, etc. Have you done any tests or examinations in the ER (emergency room)? I would suggest you a few simple examinations to come cl...  Read Full »