Q. What are the measures to control increased urine frequency?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 12, 2021

My grandmother is 80 years old. Since last two months, there is increased urine frequency. Earlier, she used to have five to six times a day and now, it has become 10 to 12 times in a day. We consulted urology specialists and according to them both kidneys and bladder seemed normal. The KUB x-ray is normal. The doctors have inserted a catheter and want to do UDS report to check capacity. Currently, she is on Soliact, Rabium DSR, Flavocip, Uriflow and Urifast (100). Please give your expert opinion.

#

Relax and do not worry.

• According to the history, it looks like she is suffering from a low capacity with overactive bladder.
  • An urodynamic study will give an idea about bladder capacity and bladder pressure during voiding. So, it is better to go ahead with an urodynamic study.
  • There is nothing much in urine routine and the ultrasound is also normal except for low capacity bladder (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, I suggest to go ahead with urodynamic test as it will make the picture clear.

Revert back with the report to a urologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|