Q. Why do I have a lot of pain and stiffness in my knee while crouching and kneeling?

Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt

Hello, I'm looking for advice on a knee support , I had a menisectomy 10 years ago, and work as a roofer and I'm now having alot of pain and stiffness in my knee which crouching and kneeling all day with work. Struggling to stand back up after crouching for periods of time with work.

#

Thank you for your query.As per the information provided by you it seems that you might have developed Osteoarthritis of Knee.Some of the clinical feature is pain,stiffness,swelling.I would suggest you to avoid any activity related to your occupation of roofing as it will aggravate your condition.Kindly start to use knee brace to prevent any further stress on knee.Start doing knee strengthening exercise.You can see lot of them online. For pain and stiffness I would suggest you to apply any analgesic pain gel over the area and cover it with hot water bag for 10-15 minutes.Avoid cross leg sitting,squatting,prolonged standing and walking and running and stair climbing.

Also I would suggest to meet orthopedic or physiotherapist to do your knee examination and also tell them to prescribe x-ray for your knee joint,so that you will know extent or grade of OA knee.

I hope I was able to help you with few tips to reduce your symptoms and prevent any further injury. Regards.

|