Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Why do I have a lot of pain and stiffness in my knee while crouching and kneeling?

Answered by
Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 18, 2020

Hello, I'm looking for advice on a knee support , I had a menisectomy 10 years ago, and work as a roofer and I'm now having alot of pain and stiffness in my knee which crouching and kneeling all day with work. Struggling to stand back up after crouching for periods of time with work.



Thank you for your query.As per the information provided by you it seems that you might have developed Osteoarthritis of Knee.Some of the clinical feature is pain,stiffness,swelling.I would suggest you to avoid any activity related to your occupation of roofing as it will aggravate your condition.Kindly start to use knee brace to prevent any further stress on knee.Start doing knee strengthening exercise.You can see lot of them online. For pain and stiffness I would suggest you to apply any analgesic pain gel over the area and cover it with hot water bag for 10-15 minutes.Avoid cross leg sitting,squatting,prolonged standing and walking and running and stair climbing.

Also I would suggest to meet orthopedic or physiotherapist to do your knee examination and also tell them to prescribe x-ray for your knee joint,so that you will know extent or grade of OA knee.

I hope I was able to help you with few tips to reduce your symptoms and prevent any further injury. Regards.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Will physiotherapy help to treat Erb's palsy?
Easy Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis (OA)
Osteoarthritis of Knee

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can physiotherapy heal diastasis recti?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old woman in good health. 11 weeks ago, I gave birth through C-section, after a tough pregnancy with complete bed rest for seven months. Walk to the bathroom were the only exercise I got. After birth, I noticed that I was left with diastasis recti of about 2.5 cm width. ...  Read Full »

I have a severe knee pain and cannot walk without limping. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having severe pain in my left knee for roughly three days now. It is on the inside of the knee and slightly behind the knee cap while standing and with my leg straight. When it is bent, it is on the outside of the knee too. I cannot put any weight on it, cannot walk properly...  Read Full »

Knee Pain in Old Age - Osteoarthritis

Article Overview: Knee pain is the most common joint problem seen in older adults. Osteoarthritis is the leading cause of this. Learn more about this condition here. Read Article

Dr. Mahaveer Patil
Orthopaedician And Traumatologist

Osteoarthritis (OA) is a chronic joint disorder in which there is progressive softening and disintegration of articular cartilage accompanied by new growth of bone at the joint margins and capsular fibrosis. Osteoarthritis may be asymmetrically or symmetrically distributed and often localized to onl...  Read Article

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Physiotherapist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.