Knee Swelling

What can cause chronic tonsillitis and knee swelling in a child?

Query: Hi Doctor, My daughter age 7.6 years,She is suffering from tonsillitis for almost 5 years and every month we are giving her antibiotic with paracetamol etc ,Now for last 5 months ,there are swelling in her knees and some time migrating from one knee to another with little fever as well . We are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: HI. Welcome to i clinic. I understand your concern, and the amount of confusion you must be facing as a parent. First, the swelling in the knee AND THROAT INFECTION COULD BE RELATED TO EACHOTHER, or a condition called rheumatic fever, you must discuss with your pediatrics doctor about his view on...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen knee due to bed bug bites?

Query: Inflammed and swolen knee due to bed bug bites with no medication. Female, 19, 5'1 ft and 44 kg  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq Hope you are having a good day. 1) I have seen the attached photograph and it is an insect bite reaction . The image was not clear enough to show any open wound in the area if any. 2) The inflammation surrounding the area would be there fro a minimum of 2 days after ...  Read Full »

How is knee swelling treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 50 years old. He has swelling in left knee and some liquid is coming out of the knee. He consulted an orthopedic doctor and he prescribed some tests and medicine to him. Also, the doctor said his bones are weak. Please explain me what should I do know. Also, let me know wheth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it appears to be synovitis of the knee joint. At the age of 50, osteoarthritis being the most common cause of synovitis. It is not advisable to start with steroid small 6 mg tablet. Is your...  Read Full »

I have knee pain after meniscus surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night. Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »

What causes dents in kneecap?

Query: Hello doctor, I was run over by a car four months ago. I got an MRI and the doctors said all my ligaments and meniscus look fine. However, my kneecap is dented in, slightly swollen above the cap. If I overuse my knee, the whole leg swells. I have been going to wound care doctors for four months fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the films (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With the type of bruising that the first picture shows, it is a miracle that your MRI is normal.  The dent on the skin close to the patella is due to fat necrosis and may persist. As far as the pa...  Read Full »

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

I have knee joint swelling in my right knee for 15 years. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I have knee joint swelling in my right knee for 15 years. Corn in my left leg near thumb bone and it is troubling very much. Since three years in summer, it bothers me. After taking some Homeo medicine, I feel relieved, but next summer, it starts troubling. Please advise me  Read Full »

Dr. Bhadrachalam Garigipati

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as right knee complaint is concerned, it must be physiological and age-related. So you need to take general precautions the avoid the overuse. Corn in the left leg is something which can recur as you may be tending to regrow to it due to some precipitating fac...  Read Full »

I cannot kneel as my knee hurts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I fell on a cement sidewalk about two months ago, and my knee is still bruised. Although it does not hurt while doing normal activities, it hurts tremendously when I kneel or when I accidentally brush my knee against anything. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You described that the pain gets worse on kneeling (direct pressure), which means two or three things: Following the fall, you may have either have had a bone bruise, which is still tender to touch. A subperiosteal hematoma, which can be quite tender. Or you may...  Read Full »

What does MRI of my knee reveal?

Query: Hello doctor,I have severe pain and swelling in the back side of the right knee. My MRI was inconclusive. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I viewed the MRI of you knee (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there are suspicious mild thinning of the articular cartilage in the bones of the knee and minimal fluid in the knee joint area. These changes are slight and not likely to cause any sev...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have swelling in knee after four months of ACL meniscus surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an ACL meniscus repair surgery four months ago. I still have some swelling in my knee and still feel weakness in my leg. Is that normal? Can I run now? What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The knee swelling can even persist till six months after surgery, the more physiotherapy you do and the earlier you achieve full range of movements of the knee, the better it is and faster the swelling will reduce. Weakness can be overcome by physiotherapy again to s...  Read Full »