Knee Swelling

What causes dents in kneecap?

Query: Hello doctor, I was run over by a car four months ago. I got an MRI and the doctors said all my ligaments and meniscus look fine. However, my kneecap is dented in, slightly swollen above the cap. If I overuse my knee, the whole leg swells. I have been going to wound care doctors for four months fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the films (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With the type of bruising that the first picture shows, it is a miracle that your MRI is normal.  The dent on the skin close to the patella is due to fat necrosis and may persist. As far as the pa...  Read Full »

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

I have knee joint swelling in my right knee for 15 years. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I have knee joint swelling in my right knee for 15 years. Corn in my left leg near thumb bone and it is troubling very much. Since three years in summer, it bothers me. After taking some Homeo medicine, I feel relieved, but next summer, it starts troubling. Please advise me  Read Full »

Dr. Bhadrachalam Garigipati

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as right knee complaint is concerned, it must be physiological and age-related. So you need to take general precautions the avoid the overuse. Corn in the left leg is something which can recur as you may be tending to regrow to it due to some precipitating fac...  Read Full »

I cannot kneel as my knee hurts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I fell on a cement sidewalk about two months ago, and my knee is still bruised. Although it does not hurt while doing normal activities, it hurts tremendously when I kneel or when I accidentally brush my knee against anything. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You described that the pain gets worse on kneeling (direct pressure), which means two or three things: Following the fall, you may have either have had a bone bruise, which is still tender to touch. A subperiosteal hematoma, which can be quite tender. Or you may...  Read Full »

What does MRI of my knee reveal?

Query: Hello doctor,I have severe pain and swelling in the back side of the right knee. My MRI was inconclusive. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I viewed the MRI of you knee (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there are suspicious mild thinning of the articular cartilage in the bones of the knee and minimal fluid in the knee joint area. These changes are slight and not likely to cause any sev...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have swelling in knee after four months of ACL meniscus surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an ACL meniscus repair surgery four months ago. I still have some swelling in my knee and still feel weakness in my leg. Is that normal? Can I run now? What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The knee swelling can even persist till six months after surgery, the more physiotherapy you do and the earlier you achieve full range of movements of the knee, the better it is and faster the swelling will reduce. Weakness can be overcome by physiotherapy again to s...  Read Full »

How to manage pain and swelling following a twisted knee?

Query: Hi doctor,Two days ago I twisted my knee. It has been paining ever since. I can bend it all the way back, but when I try to put pressure on it or fully extend it, I am in so much pain. There is a swelling. It looks like my right knee cap is out more than the left one.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a history of knee injury two days back, but you have been able to ambulate after the injury, even though it is painful to you. Initial management is to give rest to the affected joint and try to limit pain and hemarthrosis. In my opinion, since it is a twis...  Read Full »

What is the exact cause for my knee pain and swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female. My height is 5'4" and my weight is 64 kg. I am suffering from left knee pain with some swelling and stiffness for the past three years. I am taking Sazo 2000 and OXC 200 for two months, but had no relief. I have ANA 48.5 and CRP 7.9. My MRI showed no tears, but...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. Kindly tell me more details about your problem. Since when is the pain in the left knee present? Do you have any other joint pain like wrist or elbow? Your ANA (antinuclear antibody) report is positive. Kindly upload the report ...  Read Full »

I am an 18 year old with severe knee issues. Do I need physiotherapy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I have a knee issue. My knee dislocated once and there was a subluxation more than nine times. Now, my knee is very flexible. When my knee dislocated, the doctor plastered my knee for three weeks. He then asked me to exercise, but I did not. My doctor then asked me t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. I would like to stress on proper training to regain your knee control and reduce the subluxation. I suggest you do these basic knee exercises that will strengthen your front thigh muscles and butt muscles. These ...  Read Full »

Is it fine to exercise with knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My height is 5'5" and weight is 58 kg. I am a cyclist and, to a lesser extent, a runner. For the past one week, I have been getting pain in the back of my left knee. It hurts when I walk and not just doing sport. It is the movement of pushing off from the groun...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears that you may have anterior knee pain which sometimes presents as pain at the back of the knee. The second possibility is that you have over done your exercise and hamstrings are sore and the lower end of the knee cap is inflamed. Eith...  Read Full »