Knee Swelling

What can cause chronic tonsillitis and knee swelling in a child?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is seven and a half years old. She is suffering from tonsillitis for five years. During every month, she takes antibiotics with Paracetamol. Now, she is having swelling in her knees for the past five months, and sometimes, it gets migrated from one knee to another with little f...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. First, swelling in the knee and throat infection can occur related to each other or it can be a condition called rheumatic fever. You need to discuss this with your pediatrician to have a definitve diagnosis. It needs to be differentiated ...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen knee due to bed bug bites?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female with a weight of 44 kilograms and a height of five feet. I have inflammation and swelling in my knees due to a bed bug bite. I am not taking any medication. Kindly suggest.   Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have an insect bite reaction. The inflammation present around the area can be there for a minimum of two days and it subsides on its own. Do warm compress on the affec...  Read Full »

How to manage a scrapped knee?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 22-year-old female with a weight of 58 kilograms and a height of five feet nine inches. I scraped my knee at night before four days and I left it unclean until the next morning. Every day, I have new symptoms over it. It hurts me a lot while walking and bending the knee. It formed a...  Read Full »

Dr. Keerthi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your infection seems to be spreading. Along with Neosporin, you can take oral antibiotics like Cefuroxime twice a day for five days. Please mention whether you have any symptoms of feve...  Read Full »

Can I take anti-TNF agent for knee swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I started to have neck pain on the left side below my left ear before a month. After nine days, I started to have pain in the left knee and I used a crepe bandage over it to get some relief. But my knee started to have swelling. I consulted a rheumatologist and he told me that I have wat...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have these symptoms due to spondyloarthropathy. Spondyloarthropathy is a type of arthritis that involves the spine, large joints like hips, knees, and ankles. The treatment, which you are receiving, is according to the treatment protocol. You have not mentioned what...  Read Full »

Why do I get knee swelling and pain even after a year of surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have suffered a recent knee injury and had ACL replacement. The injury involved a sudden and complete closure of the knee. I will feel fine but with more use the knee gets sore with swollen veins. I can provide pictures. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The swelling can happen if there is a recent surgery. You are doing physiotherapy to get your range of knee motion back to its normal. As the ligament and the knee capsule stretches, it causes inflammation and swelling. However, if the surgery was done more than a ye...  Read Full »

How is knee swelling treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 50 years old. He has swelling in left knee and some liquid is coming out of the knee. He consulted an orthopedic doctor and he prescribed some tests and medicine to him. Also, the doctor said his bones are weak. Please explain me what should I do know. Also, let me know wheth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it appears to be synovitis of the knee joint. At the age of 50, osteoarthritis being the most common cause of synovitis. It is not advisable to start with steroid small 6 mg tablet. Is your...  Read Full »

I have knee pain after meniscus surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night. Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »

What causes dents in kneecap?

Query: Hello doctor, I was run over by a car four months ago. I got an MRI and the doctors said all my ligaments and meniscus look fine. However, my kneecap is dented in, slightly swollen above the cap. If I overuse my knee, the whole leg swells. I have been going to wound care doctors for four months fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the films (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With the type of bruising that the first picture shows, it is a miracle that your MRI is normal.  The dent on the skin close to the patella is due to fat necrosis and may persist. As far as the pa...  Read Full »

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

I have knee joint swelling in my right knee for 15 years. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I have knee joint swelling in my right knee for 15 years. Corn in my left leg near thumb bone and it is troubling very much. Since three years in summer, it bothers me. After taking some Homeo medicine, I feel relieved, but next summer, it starts troubling. Please advise me  Read Full »

Dr. Bhadrachalam Garigipati

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as right knee complaint is concerned, it must be physiological and age-related. So you need to take general precautions the avoid the overuse. Corn in the left leg is something which can recur as you may be tending to regrow to it due to some precipitating fac...  Read Full »