Q. My knee is swollen due to bed bug bites. Please help.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
Inflammed and swolen knee due to bed bug bites with no medication. Female, 19, 5'1 ft and 44 kg
# Hello
Welcome to icliniq
Hope you are having a good day.
1) I have seen the attached photograph and it is an insect bite reaction . The image was not clear enough to show any open wound in the area if any.

2) The inflammation surrounding the area would be there fro a minimum of 2 days after which will subside on its own. However you can do the following
- warm compresses of the area
-Fusibet cream ( Fusidic acid + Betmamethasone 0.1% cream ) over the area twice daily after thorough cleaning of the area
-T.Paracetamol 500mg twice daily for 3 days ( For the pain and inflammation to subside )
- T. teczine M ( Montelukast 10mg + Levocetrizine 5 mg) one in the night for 3 days (if itching present )

3) if there are open wound in the area , which i couldnt make out from the picture , a course of oral antibiotics also will help. I can decide if you send me a more clear picture under natural lighting.

4)Please do not panic as this will subside.

Thank you and Take care

Bed bug (Cimex lectularius) bite reaction

-Fusibet cream ( Fusidic acid + Betmamethasone 0.1% cream ) over the area twice daily after thorough cleaning of the area for 5 days

Do not itch the area as it may lead to local infection

Review with more clear photo under proper day light
Review after 5 days

|