Q. I have suffered with tuberculosis(Koch's disease)last year. Now I am getting the same disease back.

Dr. Rohit Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I was suffering from tuberculosis (Koch's disease) a year back which got cured. And now I think, I am getting the same disease back.

What should I do?

#

• I am not sure what makes you think you are getting the disease back. It needs a medical examination to prove if you are right in your fear. 
  • But if that is the case, then it can be dangerous, as subsequent TB infections are mostly resistant to medicines and then it becomes very tough to deal with the situation. It is called MDR-TB (Multidrug resistant Tuberculosis).
  • I would suggest you can meet a doctor for check up. You can also go in for TB tests like - ELISA, PCR, TB Ferrogold to find if you have active TB germs in your body. The treatment will be decided after confirmation.

Revert back with the reports to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|