Laryngopharyngeal Reflux

What is the reason behind my parched throat and dry cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel like something is stuck at the back of my throat, I keep swallowing, but there is nothing. My throat's been dry for months now, and looking at the back of my throat, some parts are a bit red (not sure if it is unusual), and some are white. The dry throat's been making me cough,...  Read Full »

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the briefing regarding the problem in concern. The most common reason for having this irritation in the throat with a feeling of a lump or something obstructing while swallowing saliva can be a feature of chronic silent gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) ...  Read Full »

Can the tentacle-like tissue under the side of my tongue be a globus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a tentacle-like tissue under the side of my tongue, and I have attached a picture of it. I have been dealing with a lot of stress for the last few weeks, as I searched online about it and felt it might be globus. The image is not the best, but hopefully, you can ease my mind and te...  Read Full »

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The picture (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity) you have sent is not clear enough to tell what it is. I would suggest you focus on the area of concern. In addition, I would also know if there are associated symptoms that y...  Read Full »

My sinuses and stomach muscles feel swollen at night after eating certain foods. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a hard time with my sinuses. I might be allergic to something that causes my sinuses to swell. I cannot seem to pinpoint it down, but if I have dairy (ice cream with sugar in it), gluten like a bowl of pasta, or any alcoholic drinks, after going to bed at night, I wake up thr...  Read Full »

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for briefing me regarding the problem in concern. There are two things that are possibly causing your symptoms. 1. Vasomotor Rhinitis. In this condition, you have inflammation due to some triggering factors (it could be airborne or food and beverage related). ...  Read Full »

The left side of my throat hurts on and off throughout the day when I swallow. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,Four or five days ago, I was doing well but, when I woke up and swallowed, the left side of my throat has been bothering me ever since. I do not have any other symptoms, but it just hurts a bit when I swallow, then it would go away. When I wake up, it does not hurt, but it comes back throu...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern. From your symptoms listed above, it seems to be pharyngitis. Pharyngitis is inflammation of the pharynx. It can be caused due to allergy, infection, and laryngopharyngeal reflux.I would suggest:1)Tablet levocetirizine 5 mg orally at night for s...  Read Full »