Q. What can cause pain in legs while walking and fatty lumps?

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

I have pain in both legs when I walk fast. There is a fatty lump in both legs, not painful when pressed.

#

I would suggest getting a test called the ankle-brachial index (ABI). This is not done at laboratory but some doctor or especially a surgeon can do in his office. Those test will test if you have any vascular insufficiency. If positive, you might need to be started on some medication to help in pain. Also get blood lipid profile, vitamin D levels stat on capsule Vitamin D 50,000 units, one capsule every week for six weeks, then tablet Vitamin D 400 units daily.

|