Leg Pain

What is the treatment followed to cure soreness in the legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 59 years old female with a weight of 56 kilograms and a height of five feet seven inches. I woke up in the morning with soreness in the leg. I am using Hydrocortisone cream and I used a bandaid during the day. I am leaving it free in the air at night. Will it get healed? I have pict...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please send me the pictures. I will check it and let you know. Please mention the duration of soreness in your legs and any swelling or redness. You can take tablet Diclofenac 75 mg when you have pain. This pain can occur due to arthritis. Ple...  Read Full »

I have continuous leg pain for more than four years. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have continuous lower leg pain for more than four years. The pain is between knee to ankle. I feel weak legs and bones and also having a burning sensation and numbness. I am taking D3 and B12 supplement for around two years and still it is low in my body. Please find the attached health...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly tell me more details about your problem. Do you have leg pain in both lower limbs? How did it start? Was it the same pain that you are feeling now when it started or increas...  Read Full »

How to get relief from swelling present after an injury in the right leg?

Query: Hi doctor, 10 days back, I met with an accident and got my right leg injured below the knee level. I have swelling in the right foot since then, which has decreased a bit, but still persists. Even the x-ray report of the leg and foot are normal. My doctor said that it might be due to infection cause...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Swelling without bony injury is very common, especially in the lower limb injuries. At times, splintage in the form of plaster of Paris slab is given for a few weeks. Infection usually does not occur in closed injuries unless there is decreased immunity or source of infec...  Read Full »

Will lowering high TSH value help with pain in my leg and knee area?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old female. I am a thyroid patient and going through a lot of pain around my leg and knee area. I am unable to walk properly and the pain is constant. So I recently did a blood test and the report showed high TSH rate which is about 29.423 ulU/mL   Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your thyroid tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that you have hypothyroidism. Your thyroid hormone T4 is low and TSH is quite high. So you need to start your medication. Please take Levothyroxine 50 mcg once daily before breakfast. When you ...  Read Full »

I have pain and numbness in the left leg, and thigh. What is causing my pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached lumbar spine MRI. I had sciatica for three months with severe pain in the left leg when I walk and stand. Better when I lean forward or sit. Pain is in the left leg, thigh, and upper thigh under groin. Numbness and tingling down leg calf to the foot. I have pain in the...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, it sounded like LC stenosis but having looked at your MRI, and it is evident that there are disc bulges prolapse at multiple levels on the left side leading to your remaining sided symptom. L4/5 and L5/S1 showed lateral canal stenosis and possibly...  Read Full »

How to get rid of severe leg and buttock pain due to disc protrusion?

Query: I have a disc extrusion buttock and severe leg pain. Habe had this constant for 3 months. Lower back pain, tingling sensation down my thigh all the way into my big toe, a lot of pain in buttock All right sided pain. Can't stand or sit for long. Have images from an mri and would like them read. Have...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thnx for the query.i can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from lower back pain, tingling sensation down ur thigh all the way into big toe and severe pain on buttock for the last 3months.u had a history of a broad based disc protrusion at L/L5 level according ...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to fully rotate the left leg without pain after an injury five months back?

Query: Hello, I am a 60 year old male, my height is 1.8m and my weight is 97kg. I have no underlying health conditions or take medication. I play indoor sports, and five months back, just before the covid lockdown measures I jarred my left leg on the squash court during play. the pain near the groin was ve...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, I read your concern.. In my opinion, you might had a muscle injury which is not recovered properly. So there is inhibition in your hip muscles that is still protecting the joint by getting stiffer to limit the movement of the joint. Nothing to worry. First thing is get it properly diagn...  Read Full »

What are the complications of Budd-Chiari syndrome?

Query: Weekness, leg cream , past history Liver issue called burd cherry syndrome  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. What do you mean by leg cream? Do you mean cramps? Is your liver problem is under control or not? The weakness is due to your liver problem. Is there any abdominal pain or any other symptoms present? Leg cramps is also due to underlying problem. You can take vitamin D supplem...  Read Full »

How to reduce my mother's leg pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 68 years old. Her weight is 75 kg and height is 165 cm. She has severe right leg pain from behind the knee and around the calf muscle, especially in the nerves. She has varicose veins on her thighs and has had continuous pain for nearly 35 years following her third pregnan...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I do understand your concern. It is not possible to make conclusions with limited information, but you can do the following things for her to get pain relief. Ask her to elevate her leg while lying down on bed to at least 9 to 12 inches above like using three to four pillo...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have burning sensation in feet with high sugar levels?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having leg cramps from the past two to three months. And now from the past two weeks, she is complaining about feet sole pain and burning sensation which is almost intolerable. We got a few blood tests done as advised by our family doctor as per which two tests are worryin...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and mentioned investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Fasting blood sugar 129 mg/dL is something to worry about because it is in the diabetic range. I will be happy to help you better if you can upload all the inve...  Read Full »