Leg Pain

Will lowering high TSH value help with pain in my leg and knee area?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old female. I am a thyroid patient and going through a lot of pain around my leg and knee area. I am unable to walk properly and the pain is constant. So I recently did a blood test and the report showed high TSH rate which is about 29.423 ulU/mL   Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your thyroid tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that you have hypothyroidism. Your thyroid hormone T4 is low and TSH is quite high. So you need to start your medication. Please take Levothyroxine 50 mcg once daily before breakfast. When you ...  Read Full »

I have pain and numbness in the left leg, and thigh. What is causing my pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached lumbar spine MRI. I had sciatica for three months with severe pain in the left leg when I walk and stand. Better when I lean forward or sit. Pain is in the left leg, thigh, and upper thigh under groin. Numbness and tingling down leg calf to the foot. I have pain in the...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, it sounded like LC stenosis but having looked at your MRI, and it is evident that there are disc bulges prolapse at multiple levels on the left side leading to your remaining sided symptom. L4/5 and L5/S1 showed lateral canal stenosis and possibly...  Read Full »

How to get rid of severe leg and buttock pain due to disc protrusion?

Query: I have a disc extrusion buttock and severe leg pain. Habe had this constant for 3 months. Lower back pain, tingling sensation down my thigh all the way into my big toe, a lot of pain in buttock All right sided pain. Can't stand or sit for long. Have images from an mri and would like them read. Have...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thnx for the query.i can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from lower back pain, tingling sensation down ur thigh all the way into big toe and severe pain on buttock for the last 3months.u had a history of a broad based disc protrusion at L/L5 level according ...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to fully rotate the left leg without pain after an injury five months back?

Query: Hello, I am a 60 year old male, my height is 1.8m and my weight is 97kg. I have no underlying health conditions or take medication. I play indoor sports, and five months back, just before the covid lockdown measures I jarred my left leg on the squash court during play. the pain near the groin was ve...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, I read your concern.. In my opinion, you might had a muscle injury which is not recovered properly. So there is inhibition in your hip muscles that is still protecting the joint by getting stiffer to limit the movement of the joint. Nothing to worry. First thing is get it properly diagn...  Read Full »

What are the complications of Budd-Chiari syndrome?

Query: Weekness, leg cream , past history Liver issue called burd cherry syndrome  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. What do you mean by leg cream? Do you mean cramps? Is your liver problem is under control or not? The weakness is due to your liver problem. Is there any abdominal pain or any other symptoms present? Leg cramps is also due to underlying problem. You can take vitamin D supplem...  Read Full »

How to reduce my mother's leg pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 68 years old. Her weight is 75 kg and height is 165 cm. She has severe right leg pain from behind the knee and around the calf muscle, especially in the nerves. She has varicose veins on her thighs and has had continuous pain for nearly 35 years following her third pregnan...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I do understand your concern. It is not possible to make conclusions with limited information, but you can do the following things for her to get pain relief. Ask her to elevate her leg while lying down on bed to at least 9 to 12 inches above like using three to four pillo...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have burning sensation in feet with high sugar levels?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having leg cramps from the past two to three months. And now from the past two weeks, she is complaining about feet sole pain and burning sensation which is almost intolerable. We got a few blood tests done as advised by our family doctor as per which two tests are worryin...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and mentioned investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Fasting blood sugar 129 mg/dL is something to worry about because it is in the diabetic range. I will be happy to help you better if you can upload all the inve...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain and soreness in the left leg while walking, even after angiography?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in left buttock, and sore left leg after walking. Please review my ultrasound report. I am currently on cholesterol, Aspirin, and blood pressure.  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It has occluded posterior tibial artery which is the cause of pain in the leg after walking. Also, there is a possible stenosis or block of the stent in common iliac vessels which is the possi...  Read Full »

Will preauricular sinus cause fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have fever and leg pain since last night. I had preauricular sinus infection pus drainage three weeks back. I was on different antibiotics for the last 45 days. Taxim O, Centil, Augmentin, and Lizobact 600. I stopped taking them two days back.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. As per your query, you have taken multiple antibiotics for a long time which is not good. I need to know whether you have done a culture sensitivity test for the pus draining out of the sinus or not, because if you take antibiotics acc...  Read Full »

My teenage daughter gets recurrent leg pain with disturbed sleep. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 16-year-old daughter who gets leg pains on a regular basis but not so frequent. It occurs let us say every three months. This started from childhood and she still gets it. She told me she cannot sleep at night when she gets these leg pains. Do you have any advice on home remed...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growing pain are a common cause of leg pain in children. These pains are muscle aches that can occur in thighs, behind the knees, or the calves. Other possible causes of leg pain that may be more serious can include juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), lupus, Lyme's dis...  Read Full »