Leg Pain

What could be the reason for pain in legs, lower back and stomach of a 12-year-old girl?

Query: Hello doctor, My 12-year-old daughter is complaining of pain in her legs, lower back, and stomach. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Information given by you is quite deficient. Still I will try to explain you. Some of the children in this age group has this pain. It has variable etiology. Most common cause is related to anemia (deficiency of hemoglobin in blood) and deficiency of vitamin D. Rest ...  Read Full »

Why have my veins become bright blue in some places?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I do not smoke, drink socially, not on birth control, and my period started today. My veins became bright blue today and appeared in places they usually are not noticeable such as the chest and posterior part of forearm. None of them are raised, just insanely b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The veins over the forearms or the armpits and chest which have become prominent and visibly seen (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are unlikely to be related to PMS (premenstrual syndrome) or your menses. Most likely the cause being decreased subcuta...  Read Full »

How to treat the pain in the left forearm and in the right leg?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28-year-old male. 1) I have been experiencing pain in my left forearm. It suddenly started, and there was a constant pain in almost the entire forearm. I went to sleep, and it continued to pain, so after a couple of hours, I took Paracetamol. It went away after that. The next day...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there is no history of injury and the duration of symptoms is only a few days, then it is not worrying. Apply ice over the area and keep it elevated, and do not massage. Take anti-inflammatory tablets like WillgoCR or Voveran (Diclofenac) once daily after meals. ...  Read Full »

Which neuropain killer can be used to treat leg pain?

Query: Hello doctor, l have been taking Neurocare plus OD for the past one month but the pain on my left leg is just too much. Which neuropain killer can I take to ease the pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would recommend taking Gabapentin or Pregabalin to help improve your situation. I would just advise starting in low dose and increase gradually the dose as tolerated, in order to avoid sedation, which is a common adverse effect of these ...  Read Full »

Are the leg and hip pain occurred due to fall or Ciprofloxacin taken for UTI?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a UTI that developed into a kidney infection. I also fell down a couple of stairs during this time. I went to the ER hospital (because my doctor is far away and kept being closed) and they prescribed Cipro. I was taking it and my body was soar from fever and falling (possibly). No...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your post. You have mentioned that you had UTI for which you are talking Ciprofloxacin and also had shooting pain. Let me explain what could be the reason. The musculoskeletal symptom of Ciprofloxacin is tendinitis that means inflammation and pain at...  Read Full »

I have pain and numbness in the left leg, and thigh. What is causing my pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached lumbar spine MRI. I had sciatica for three months with severe pain in the left leg when I walk and stand. Better when I lean forward or sit. Pain is in the left leg, thigh, and upper thigh under groin. Numbness and tingling down leg calf to the foot. I have pain in the...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, it sounded like LC stenosis but having looked at your MRI, and it is evident that there are disc bulges prolapse at multiple levels on the left side leading to your remaining sided symptom. L4/5 and L5/S1 showed lateral canal stenosis and possibly...  Read Full »

I have a strange sensation in my leg for around two years. Could it be MND?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a strange sensation in my leg for around two years. It usually only affects the lower half of the left leg and foot but has recently encompassed the upper sections. This is accentuated when walking and more so when the pace gets quicker. The feelings feel as if my lower leg and f...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. As per your symptoms, there can be chances of MND. In MND, there are also other symptoms, and there are chances of underlying sclerosis. But you can not rule it out on your own. You need a clinical examination by a trained physician. So I advise yo...  Read Full »

What can be done for pain in leg with numbness?

Query: Hello doctor, My father aged 71 has severe pain in right leg accompanied with numbness in the foot. Walking increases the pain. We have visited neurosurgeon and MRI of spine was done. Now, doctor has advised for operation. Second opinion is requested.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know more details about your father's symptoms: 1. Since when he started to have pain in right leg with numbness in foot? 2. Does he also have lower back pain or pain in buttock region? 3. Does his pain get worsened during turning in bed or coughin...  Read Full »

Why does one develop swelling after snake bite?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female. I got cottonmouth bite on the back of the left and right ankle. Three people saw and confirmed that as cottonmouth. I do not believe much venom was released. It happened under shallow water. I got immediate pain as if repeatedly the ankle and feet got hit with a...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could understand your crisis. Usually in the absence of venom in the blood, the following are the possibilities: The snake bite site may get sepsis (infected with bacteria) and that spreads to the whole leg. Trauma to nearby objects during the act of escaping...  Read Full »

I have leg pain which moves around. Is it osteoarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left leg which moves around. First in my knee, then in the lower leg, upper leg, etc. I previously had pain in my left arm. An urgent care doctor told me it was osteoarthritis. An X-ray of my knee was done. I was prescribed an anti-inflammation medication.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Osteoarthritis is a possibility. However, it is associated with pain and swelling of the knee joint and pain is predominantly while walking, especially going upstairs. NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) may help. However, physiotherapy and weight reductio...  Read Full »