Leg Pain

Will preauricular sinus cause fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have fever and leg pain since last night. I had preauricular sinus infection pus drainage three weeks back. I was on different antibiotics for the last 45 days. Taxim O, Centil, Augmentin, and Lizobact 600. I stopped taking them two days back.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. As per your query, you have taken multiple antibiotics for a long time which is not good. I need to know whether you have done a culture sensitivity test for the pus draining out of the sinus or not, because if you take antibiotics acc...  Read Full »

My teenage daughter gets recurrent leg pain with disturbed sleep. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 16-year-old daughter who gets leg pains on a regular basis but not so frequent. It occurs let us say every three months. This started from childhood and she still gets it. She told me she cannot sleep at night when she gets these leg pains. Do you have any advice on home remed...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growing pain are a common cause of leg pain in children. These pains are muscle aches that can occur in thighs, behind the knees, or the calves. Other possible causes of leg pain that may be more serious can include juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), lupus, Lyme's dis...  Read Full »

What can cause pain starting from the left side of the hip to the leg?

Query: Hello sir This query is about a pain in veins of my mother which is started from her left side hip and spread in whole leg... this pain is unbearable. She is 46 years old. Her height and weight is 5'4" , 83 kg. She have problem in her knees too due to over weight Kindly advise me the best solu...  Read Full »

Dr. Kapil Gupta

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com Can you describe the pain a little more and share some pictures of the affected leg if possible. Does the pain occur on moving the leg? Is the pain like a current like sensation from the hip to the leg? Is there any change of colour in the affected leg? Is the...  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for muscle pain in legs for my breastfeeding wife.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 38 old. She has been suffering from muscle pain in the right leg for 10 days. Pain is worst while walking radiates from buttock up to the ankle. She is breastfeeding. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that your wife is suffering from muscle pain in the right leg for last 10 days. So a few questions from my side. Is there any low back pain as well? Apart from pain, is there any associated numbness, weakness, paresthesias as well? Any x-rays or b...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in leg after walking?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got my left leg pain when I walk and stand after 30 minutes.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your laboratory tests are quite normal and not indicative of any infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Considering the past medical history for seizures, I would recommend performing an EEG in order to exclude seizures as a possible cause underly...  Read Full »

What do high WBC and low hemoglobin indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old female. I previously asked a query in icliniq and was attended by a doctor who advised as follows. Since all your reports are normal except for very mild anemia and a mild increase of WBC count, then the cause of your lower back pain that extends to your hip, thig...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After revising your x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have degenerative changes in your knee joint and in your spines with diminished disc space between lumbar vertebra number 5 and spinal vertebra number 1. These degenerativ...  Read Full »

What is the diagnosis for restlessness in legs with irritation and lack of sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I am having a problem of restlessness in legs, fatigue, tiredness, irritation, confusion, lack of sleep or disturbed sleep. I am currently taknig Calcium tablets.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from restless leg syndrome (RLS). This, however, needs exclusion of other issues like thyroid disorder, iron and calcium deficiency as well. If all these investigations are normal, my recommendations for your treatment would be Pregabalin alon...  Read Full »

I experience arm, legs, joint and back pain with tremors. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45-year-old female. I was treated with intravenous Cortisone injection therapy for a week for having acute demyelinating symptoms for almost two months that appeared together with a new lesion at the cerebellum area of my brain. There had been three other there, supposedly migrai...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to chronic lesions of multiple sclerosis MS (sometimes there is no total improvement after steroid therapy). Anyway, I would recommend starting Gabapentin for chronic pain or switch...  Read Full »

My wife's calf pain aggravates at night. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, who is 30 years old, having pain in both legs in the calf area. She is having pain throughout the day, but seems to be aggravated during night. It started two to three weeks back, but it has become severe now. She is also having pain in both heels. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain in both legs could be due to many reasons: Disease of nerves, blood vessels, deficiency of potassium can cause pain in calf and heels. Impaired blood supply to legs can also cause pain in legs. Ot...  Read Full »

What causes burning pain in legs which worsens on sitting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old. I have had pain in both of my legs when sitting for about 12 years. The pain starts 15 minutes after sitting and it is pretty bad. There are itchy and burning pain between my calves and ankles and it feels like my legs are squeezed in this area. At the same time, the...  Read Full »

Dr. Priety

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Leg pain can have so many causes but from your history of aching after sitting suggest a possibility of DVT (deep vein thrombosis). DVT is the formation of a blood clot in a deep leg vein (blood vessel). The pain is typically a burning or cramping sensation. Immobili...  Read Full »