Lens Implantation

I lost eye sight because of rocket blowing up in eye. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, When I was younger, I had a bottle rocket blow up in my eye. It left a scar in front of my pupil, so I am no longer able to see out of the eye, and am considered legally blind. My pupil stays dilated all the time, and where it is not able to focus on anything, it wonders to the right. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thankfully only one eye was affected and I hope your other eye is intact and fully functional. Unfortunately, a dilated pupil that does not react to light in the affected eye means that it is no longer transmitting information to the brain and therefore is considered...  Read Full »

Have coloboma of iris,cataracts,lens and nerve in eyes. Is there any treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has coloboma of the iris, lens and nerve in both eyes. She also has cataracts in both eyes. Is there any treatment? What advice you would like to give to my daughter?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We can check the size of the cornea and eyeball. Then, we have to remove the cataract with surgery and if possible, the lens must be implanted. We may need to start patching therapy after surgery. All these steps have to be taken under guarded visual prognosis. ...  Read Full »

I have vision problems after laser IOL implant. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,After laser IOL implant I now have severe aniseikonia. Was it wrong diopter lense? Can it be undone? Very poor and triple vision. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer all your queries in detail. Aniseikonia occurs when the difference in refractive error is more than 4 or 5 diopters between two eyes. If you say you had laser-assisted cataract surgery which means a femto surgery, the size of incision would be...  Read Full »