Q. I have very thin and short hair. Please help.

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2021

I am 20 years old, and I have very thin and short hair. I want to grow hair to cover my forehead. I am not able to make any hairstyle because of less hair. Please help.

#

• Short and thin hair might have many reasons, some common causes are the nutritional deficiency, hormonal disturbance, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, and hereditary.
  • Try the following things for hair growth.
  1. Add foods like dates, raisins, fig, curry leaves, spinach, and fresh fruits in your diet, as all these will promote hair growth. Avoid excessive pickles, spicy food, and reduce salt intake.
  2. Drink plenty of water and clear liquids.
  3. Drink one glass of lukewarm water mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of pepper powder before sleeping.
  4. Massage your head with Mahabhringraj oil twice or thrice a week. Apply oil at night before washing, or you can apply it two hours before washing.
  5. Do not use harsh shampoos, as they will dry the scalp and will lead to hair fall. Use mild herbal shampoos.
  6. If you have a dandruff problem, then try an anti-dandruff shampoo. Because dandruff also causes hair fall and promotes hair thinning.
  7. Take half cup pure aloe vera gel and add three tablespoon coconut oil and two tablespoon honey, mix all and apply on scalp for 30 minutes, then wash it off with a mild shampoo. You can use this mixture once or twice a week, and it will promote hair growth.
  8. As far as medicine is concerned, try to take two capsules of Asthiposhak, two times a day with water for four weeks.
  9. Do not comb your hair when they are wet, do not blow dry it. Protect your hair from pollution and sunlight.
  10. Sleep for at least 6 to 8 hours a day.
  • Try all these regularly, and you will soon see positive results. However, this may take between 2 to 4 months. If you are in a hurry, then you can do a hair transplant, after consulting your dermatologist.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|