Q. I need an effective cure for acne.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 12, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 20, 2019

I am a 20 year old male. My weight is 114 kg and I am 5 feet 11 inches tall. I want to reduce my acne as soon as possible. I have a few hard bumps along with normal pimples. Mostly they are painless. I need an effective cure. I have attached a relevant picture. I have been using aloe vera gel now.

#

I have gone through your history and attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You should continue with Dermadew acne soap but stop using aloe vera gel. Besides this, you need oral as well as topical medications for your acne. Start with tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three consecutive days in a week for 4-6 weeks along with Nadifloxacin gel in the morning and Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel at night on the pimples.

I hope it will help you. If a satisfactory response is not seen in six weeks we might need to add another capsule. You can revert back to me after six weeks for follow up. Also, keep your face dry, avoid applying oily creams and moisturizers, avoid oiling of the scalp, reduce the intake of sugary foods and try to reduce your weight.

Seborrhea and hormonal imbalance.

Acne vulgaris.

Thank u very much for the reply. I have acne since the age of 14 to 15. I am not comfortable with oral antibiotics. And so if possible, can you substitute the oral medicine to another topical agent?

#

Even the acne issue exists from your age of 14; it will not change the line of treatment now.

If you are uncomfortable with oral antibiotics, then start with Nadifloxacin gel and Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel. You can use this for six weeks and then revert back for follow up.

I hope this will help you. If not you need to take oral medication as well.

|