Leukodystrophy

I have minor factor 7 deficiency. Can I play hockey?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old and I have recently been diagnosed with a minor factor 7 deficiency. I was just wondering if it was still alright for me to play hockey.  Read Full »

Dr. Singh Smrita

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Factor 7 deficiency, also known as Alexander's disease, is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern. The levels of the clotting factor in the blood do not correspond to the symptoms exhibited by the individual. The severity of symptoms also vary greatly from indiv...  Read Full »