Lichen Sclerosus

What is the reason for tightness and discoloration in the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tightness in my penis, along with some discoloration on the penis head. I get wound sometimes. Also, I do not have the habit of masturbation, but there is some difference when I tried to check the changes. And the shape and size vary all the time.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history, it seems you have developed lichen sclerosis et atrophicus. In this condition, discoloration and tightness occur. Since when do you have this issue? Is it spreading? I need to see the discoloration so that I can assess. Please revert with a ...  Read Full »

What is the cause for black patches on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a black patch on my penis tip and no other issues. I thought it is normal and will go in some time, but it does not. Please provide some solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I will help you with your concern. Such black patches could be due to multiple causes like warts, moles, and many more. I need to see this patch to make a definitive diagnosis so I can suggest your treatment accordingly. Please revert with a photo. Do...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for red and itchy skin around anus and vulva.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a really embarrassing problem. The skin around my vulva and anus is red and it keeps cracking or bleeding. The skin around my anus is also flaky and yellow in some places. It is itchy and is causing me serious embarrassment. It has started affecting me psychologically as it has bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. There is no significant erythema or discoloration appreciable in the attached picture, so that is a good indicator.   Read Full »

I have phimosis and my opening has increased to about 4 mm. Is this lichen sclerosus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have phimosis as long as I can remember. Around my 20s, my phimosis started getting worse, and my foreskin kept getting tighter to the point where the opening is now about 4 mm, and I have ballooning of the foreskin. I am 40 now and would like to get it treated once and for all. He...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case, and the following are my pointwise answers. 1. The progressive tightening foreskin is not always suggestive of BXO. Instead, gradual tightening is an age-related process when a male does not retract foreskin often and clean the undersurfa...  Read Full »

Why is Triamcinolone not treating a rash on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a rash on the head of my penis for around two months. They are purplish, sore and tender to touch. I have seen my primary care doctor and he was not sure about the condition and gave me Triamcinolone acetonide cream over two weeks ago. It has not helped. I was also tested recently...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you are suffering is not STD (sexually transmitted disease) for sure because none of the STD is present like this. There are three most common probability of your problem. Penile Lichen planus: It present in a similar manner with purplish color, itchin...  Read Full »

Is the infection on penis head Zoon's balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a severe infection on my penis head which I suspect (also confirmed by a doctor) to be Zoons balanitis. The infection has been for a year now. I am circumcised and this infection has been recurring for the past six years in the same area. The infection has eaten off whole skin ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you send a picture of your lesion for proper diagnosis and treatment? Please avoid application of steroids over the area. It is good that you are circumcised.  Read Full »

Paining arm with some change in skin complexion. How to treat this?

Query: Hello doctor, The last year my skin complexion changed on my hand and then it spread up to my elbow. I consulted the doctor and he advised for biopsy test. The result of which was fine. From this year my arm is paining because of this and the mark has spread up to my shoulder. Please help me in thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please attach the picture of your hand? And also the biopsy report? Is it on just one side? Or both the arms? What do you mean by complexion change? Is it becoming dark or light?  Read Full »

The skin of my penis has shrunk and lost elasticity. Is this reversible?

Query: Hello doctor,A spot appeared on the skin of my penis.¬†Seven months later, this stain spread and my skin began to become more sensitive. Then I used a cream with corticoid (Lotrimin) and it got worse because now my skin has shrunk and lost elasticity. What should I do? Is the corticosteroid effect r...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think you have a condition known as genital LSeA (lichen sclerosis et atrophicus). LSeA is characterized by atrophy which manifests as tightening of the prepuce a...  Read Full »

Is lichen sclerosus a contagious disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with lichen sclerosus around my vulva a few months ago through biopsy. I am regularly using Dermol 500 lotion instead of soap to wash the area and applying Dermovate cream. However, I have developed a cut in the skin at the back of my vagina, which is not healing now...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. Thanks for taking time to upload latest pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of the lesions on both partner's genitalia.  Read Full »