HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologylightheadednessI am 28 weeks pregnant and have been unable to stand for more than a half hour or less without feeling lightheaded or dizzy. Why so?

What could be the reason for lightheadedness and dizziness in a 28-week pregnant female?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Deepti Verma

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 3, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 3, 2023

Patient's Query

I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and have had high blood pressure for the past two weeks. Last week I had severe upper abdominal pain that wrapped around my back between my shoulder blades. Also, I have been unable to stand for more than a half hour or less without feeling lightheaded or dizzy. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum in my first trimester and currently have SPD in my pelvic and hip bones. The only medication I am on is Tylenol (when needed).

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma

I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Severe pain in the upper abdomen can be due to gastritis, or pancreatic in origin, as pain due to these conditions can radiate to the back. You should get an ultrasound done to confirm the diagnosis. I will suggest you to consult a specialist for the same.

I hope it helps.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Deepti Verma
Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

dizzinesslightheadedness

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy