Lightheadedness

Why is there sudden feel of hot sensation in the stomach and occasional lightheadedness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling sick in the stomach with some lightheadedness for three days. It started with a very hot sensation in the stomach which seemed to go up to my head. This occurred two to three times before three days in the evening. I felt very lightheaded when this occurred. Following th...  Read Full »

Dr. Aniket

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this only a recent onset event? It seems to be like gastritis, but since you have hypertension, it is necessary to rule out the cardiac cause as well. Do you have any history of similar events in past? Is there any burning sensation which gets relieved with antac...  Read Full »

I am having intense lightheadedness after quitting porn addiction. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male, age is 28 years, normal blood test results. After struggling with porn addiction for many years I decided to completely stop. However, everyday from 6 PM I have intense lightheadedness. I cannot go out, drink, go to the gym or be functional at night. I had sometimes panic at...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are suggestive of panic attacks. I agree with you on the fact that these could be withdrawal symptoms. For this reason, I would recommend trying natural ways to relieve your anxiety: Yoga and medita...  Read Full »

Can high triglycerides cause dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, and my query is related to high BP, light-headedness, and high lipids. Let me first share a background and then I will come to the problem. I am over 6 feet tall, and my weight presently is about 113 kg. I smoke cigarettes regularly, around 6 to 7 every day, fo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, thank you for the beautiful history. I am sorry, but I disagree with your doctor here, you may not need any BP (blood pressure) medication at all. I know you may be surprised, but according to JNC 8 guidelines, we need to have at least two higher BP readi...  Read Full »

I have chest pain on and off under the breast. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am attaching a word document detailing cardiac issue symptoms. I have been experiencing this for the past seven months of this year since I ended up in A and E. It outlines the issues and tests so far. At present, I have chest pain that comes and goes on the left-hand side under the b...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your concern and would like to explain that your recent clinical symptomatology seems to be related to THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), alcohol, and cocaine use. They are potent stimulants, and apart from leading to blood electrolytes imbalances...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have variation in the pulse rate during walking and at rest?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 year old. My sugar level is normal, TSH is 2.91 and cholesterol is 203. I am facing a problem with my pulse rate. It is between 115-120 when I walk or do any activity. But when I am in rest, it ranges between 80-100. I feel lightheadedness when I walk. Is it normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cholesterol is in upper borderline. It will come down with low cholesterol diet and exercise daily. Heart rate more than 100 while walking is fine. From your history lightheadedness is the only problem. Is this lightheadedness significant? Do you feel like falling o...  Read Full »

Am I feel lightheaded and unbalanced because of panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I have been feeling lightheaded and unbalanced. I have been diagnosed with panic attacks once in the past. I am not sure if I am getting the same panic attacks again. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of panic attacks are episodically occurring attacks for a duration of 10 to 20 minutes. The symptoms include: Chest pain. Breathlessness. A sense of impending doom. Increased perspiration. Nausea and abdominal pain. Numbness and tingling in extremit...  Read Full »

Can dehydration result in dizzy feel and lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. For about four weeks, I have been experiencing lightheadedness. It happens a few times each week. I never pass out, but I get very hot and feel like I might pass out. I have also not had an appetite. I have lost about 5 pounds from not being hungry. I went to the doctor...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are too young to have high blood pressure. There could be many reasons for dizziness. The most important one is being orthostatic hypotension if you are on a blood pressure (BP) medication. Others could be thyroid disorder, anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency an...  Read Full »

I overdosed on Benadryl and I feel lightheaded.When will I feel normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 15 year old male. It has been two weeks since I overdosed on Benadryl and I still feel lightheaded and everything is like a dream. The dose I had taken was 500mg. I also get random confusion spells. When will I feel normal?  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Benadryl consists of Diphenhydramine and the drug is an antihistaminic drug. In high doses it causes side effects like blurred vision, dry mouth, confusion, delirium, severe sedation etc. In very high doses this may result in death also. So, I would advise you to please...  Read Full »

Can balancing issue occur due to vestibular lesion or cervical myelopathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My weight is 96 kg and height is 184 cm. I have severe sleep apnea and minor CAD with hypertension. I am facing problems of imbalance and lightheadedness. This started some six months back. Then, I was diagnosed with an uncompensated vestibular lesion. After a wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information you gave me, it looks like your imbalance is due to a condition called cervical myelopathy. The examination findings of your spine specialist also correlate with your diagnosis. This happens when there is undue pressure or compression of the spinal...  Read Full »

Is lightheadedness related to neuro, heart or sinus issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently felt lightheadedness for about a week. I went to the ER and they could not find anything wrong. They did all neuro testing and I passed. Blood work and urine are perfect. Blood sugar and blood pressure were perfect. Ekg came back perfect, no stomach issues. I do not fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclliniq.com. Probably you have an issue with your ear that may cause a block in the eustachian tube due to allergy or infection leading to vertigo. Other possibilities like acute labyrinthitis or vestibular neuronitis may cause your symptoms. Avoid smoking and caffeine drinks, ...  Read Full »