Lightheadedness

Why are there positive ANA, chronic fatigue with lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23-year-old female. I have positive ANA, chronic fatigue, and lightheadedness. Also, inflammation markers are elevated. I currently take Adderall 20 mg twice a day, and Prozac 40 mg once in a day. And I also performed laboratory tests like CBC, LDH, and CMP.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing. I have gone through your query. There seem to be some doubts about the reports, and I would like to know the history in some more detail. As per the history: 1. Since how long have you been experiencing fatigue? Is it worse during the day or at...  Read Full »

Why is there lightheadedness after a post-concussion syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Topamax for a month now. The neurologist put me on it for post-concussion syndrome for lightheadedness. I had concentration issues, forgetfulness, bad brain fog, sleeping problems, frequent urination, and blurry vision. I could not handle the symptoms, so I tried weani...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not a withdrawal symptom; it is just a side effect of Topamax (Topiramate). Pins and needle sensations are seen in many cases. Sure it will go since you have stopped the medicine. Make sure this was given for lightheadedness only, not for seizure following a concu...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have type 2 diabetes mellitus, and I take my daily medications. I have begun to experience lightheadedness and have to hold onto a wall. My doctor told me that my exercise and medications are controlling my diabetes. I take Metformin 500 mg daily. I have also been under medication for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Not exercising or walking could be one reason. Another reason could be cervical spondylosis. Use a soft cotton pillow and lie straight on the bed. Do not keep arm under the head while sleeping. Do mild neck exercises for strengthening. Get an x-ray of the cervical ...  Read Full »

I overdosed on Benadryl and I feel lightheaded.When will I feel normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 15 year old male. It has been two weeks since I overdosed on Benadryl and I still feel lightheaded and everything is like a dream. The dose I had taken was 500mg. I also get random confusion spells. When will I feel normal?  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Benadryl consists of Diphenhydramine and the drug is an antihistaminic drug. In high doses it causes side effects like blurred vision, dry mouth, confusion, delirium, severe sedation etc. In very high doses this may result in death also. So, I would advise you to please...  Read Full »

Cinnarizine does not help my persistent dizziness. Should I consult an ENT?

Query: Hello doctor, I have persistent dizziness. I took Cinnarizine for eight days, as prescribed by two doctors, but no improvement. I talked to the third doctor and was informed that my dizziness is not vertigo, it is light-headedness. Doctor recommended my eyes to be checked instead. I got my visual a...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much is your vision? And is this dizziness associated with any abnormalities in vision? Are you having headache or vomiting? Any history of migraine are you having? Kindly provide the above history because it will help us in the diagnosis of your condition. ...  Read Full »

Can dehydration result in dizzy feel and lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. For about four weeks, I have been experiencing lightheadedness. It happens a few times each week. I never pass out, but I get very hot and feel like I might pass out. I have also not had an appetite. I have lost about 5 pounds from not being hungry. I went to the doctor...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are too young to have high blood pressure. There could be many reasons for dizziness. The most important one is being orthostatic hypotension if you are on a blood pressure (BP) medication. Others could be thyroid disorder, anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency an...  Read Full »

My elevated troponin gets back to normal within 3 hours. Is it possible?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having dizziness and lightheadedness. I fainted a couple of weeks ago and I am having palpitations regularly. My resting HR (heart rate) is 40s-50s and I am not at all athletic, I often feel bad when it drops low. I had a blood test for Troponin and the levels were elevat...  Read Full »

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had fainted, palpitations, and resting HR (heart rate) 40s-50s. I suggest you to do 24-hour Holter monitoring to evaluate the cause. Based on the report, subsequent action could be taken.  Read Full »

Why do I feel lightheaded and dizzy for a week?

Query: From about a week ago, i started feeling some light headed and dizziness in my head, i experience it especially while I'm in sitting posture, and also i have found some extra growth in my ribs right below the middle connecting both sides, on the right part of rib  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Lightheadedness and dizziness could be due to many reasons. For that we could start with a few tests- 1. Blood pressure - You could get your blood pressure checked in sitting, sleeping postures and while standing. To rule out abnormal high blood pressure or low blood pre...  Read Full »

Why do I feel increased lightheadedness and pressure near the back of the neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from increasing lightheadedness and pressure near the back of the neck. I have this throughout the day. It gets worse with exertion and hot shower. I have some weird feeling in chest that is almost a fast heartbeat. My EKG and blood pressure are normal. Currently, I am on P...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The common cause of dizziness or lightheadedness is abnormal blood pressure or irregular heartbeat. But, you said that your blood pressure and heart rhythm are normal. So, the other reason may be your depression medication. The¬†common side effects of Prozac (Fluoxetine) ...  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis of symptoms such as lightheadedness, chest pain and shortness of breath?

Query: Hello doctor, A 56-year-old patient went to his physician for evaluation of recurrent episodes of lightheadedness, chest pain, and shortness of breath with exertion. One week earlier, he experienced an episode of syncope while walking up the stairs of his house. Vitals: Heart rate - 116 bpm, BP ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did he lose consciousness while walking upstairs? Is he a diabetic? His cholesterol report seems abnormal, along with hypertension and uncontrolled blood pressure. His color Doppler report showing aortic stenosis. Possible diagnosis is age-related atherosclerosis with ...  Read Full »