Lightheadedness

Why do I feel increased lightheadedness and pressure near the back of the neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from increasing lightheadedness and pressure near the back of the neck. I have this throughout the day. It gets worse with exertion and hot shower. I have some weird feeling in chest that is almost a fast heartbeat. My EKG and blood pressure are normal. Currently, I am on P...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The common cause of dizziness or lightheadedness is abnormal blood pressure or irregular heartbeat. But, you said that your blood pressure and heart rhythm are normal. So, the other reason may be your depression medication. The¬†common side effects of Prozac (Fluoxetine) ...  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis of symptoms such as lightheadedness, chest pain and shortness of breath?

Query: Hello doctor, A 56-year-old patient went to his physician for evaluation of recurrent episodes of lightheadedness, chest pain, and shortness of breath with exertion. One week earlier, he experienced an episode of syncope while walking up the stairs of his house. Vitals: Heart rate - 116 bpm, BP ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did he lose consciousness while walking upstairs? Is he a diabetic? His cholesterol report seems abnormal, along with hypertension and uncontrolled blood pressure. His color Doppler report showing aortic stenosis. Possible diagnosis is age-related atherosclerosis with ...  Read Full »

I have fatigue and lightheadedness with enlarged lymph nodes below the jaw. What can cause this?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been looking for the cause of my constitutional symptoms including lightheadedness and fatigue. I have enlarged lymph nodes, with the biggest being behind my jaw just under my ear on the left side. I used a camera to look inside of my ear, and I found a concerning discolored a...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The area of discoloration does seem to be something like a nevus. Though uncommon nevus can occur in the external auditory canal. Otherwise, your external auditory canal and TM (tympanic membrane) are normal and are not a source of fatigue and lightheadedness. Did y...  Read Full »

Is regular morning headache asign of brain tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing light-headed feelings, and daily headache as soon as I wake up. I will be uploading an MRI summary, and want to know what the results mean if this is treatable, or is it terminal? I am currently on Temazepam 30 mg daily for sleep, Diazepam 5 mg as needed for...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that there is a non-specific finding in your brain MRI (attachment removed to protect patient findings), which could be a small inflammation region, a born defect or a tumor. This lesion is too small for biopsy. So ...  Read Full »

Why is there sudden feel of hot sensation in the stomach and occasional lightheadedness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling sick in the stomach with some lightheadedness for three days. It started with a very hot sensation in the stomach which seemed to go up to my head. This occurred two to three times before three days in the evening. I felt very lightheaded when this occurred. Following th...  Read Full »

Dr. Aniket

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this only a recent onset event? It seems to be like gastritis, but since you have hypertension, it is necessary to rule out the cardiac cause as well. Do you have any history of similar events in past? Is there any burning sensation which gets relieved with antac...  Read Full »

I am having intense lightheadedness after quitting porn addiction. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male, age is 28 years, normal blood test results. After struggling with porn addiction for many years I decided to completely stop. However, everyday from 6 PM I have intense lightheadedness. I cannot go out, drink, go to the gym or be functional at night. I had sometimes panic at...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are suggestive of panic attacks. I agree with you on the fact that these could be withdrawal symptoms. For this reason, I would recommend trying natural ways to relieve your anxiety: Yoga and medita...  Read Full »

Can high triglycerides cause dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, and my query is related to high BP, light-headedness, and high lipids. Let me first share a background and then I will come to the problem. I am over 6 feet tall, and my weight presently is about 113 kg. I smoke cigarettes regularly, around 6 to 7 every day, fo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, thank you for the beautiful history. I am sorry, but I disagree with your doctor here, you may not need any BP (blood pressure) medication at all. I know you may be surprised, but according to JNC 8 guidelines, we need to have at least two higher BP readi...  Read Full »

I have chest pain on and off under the breast. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am attaching a word document detailing cardiac issue symptoms. I have been experiencing this for the past seven months of this year since I ended up in A and E. It outlines the issues and tests so far. At present, I have chest pain that comes and goes on the left-hand side under the b...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your concern and would like to explain that your recent clinical symptomatology seems to be related to THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), alcohol, and cocaine use. They are potent stimulants, and apart from leading to blood electrolytes imbalances...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have variation in the pulse rate during walking and at rest?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 year old. My sugar level is normal, TSH is 2.91 and cholesterol is 203. I am facing a problem with my pulse rate. It is between 115-120 when I walk or do any activity. But when I am in rest, it ranges between 80-100. I feel lightheadedness when I walk. Is it normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cholesterol is in upper borderline. It will come down with low cholesterol diet and exercise daily. Heart rate more than 100 while walking is fine. From your history lightheadedness is the only problem. Is this lightheadedness significant? Do you feel like falling o...  Read Full »

Am I feel lightheaded and unbalanced because of panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I have been feeling lightheaded and unbalanced. I have been diagnosed with panic attacks once in the past. I am not sure if I am getting the same panic attacks again. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of panic attacks are episodically occurring attacks for a duration of 10 to 20 minutes. The symptoms include: Chest pain. Breathlessness. A sense of impending doom. Increased perspiration. Nausea and abdominal pain. Numbness and tingling in extremit...  Read Full »