Common "Lightheadedness" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Lightheadedness

Lightheadedness is a feeling of dizziness or faintness. It occurs due to dehydration, side effects of medications, low blood pressure, low blood sugar, and heart disease. It is necessary to consult a doctor if the lightheadedness occurs along with facial drooping on one side, shortness of breath, nausea, and vomiting. It is treated by taking enough water and receiving intravenous fluids in normal cases. In severe cases, antinausea medications and antianxiety medications are taken depending on the accompanying symptoms.