Lisfranc Injury

Will there be pain in the legs 20 days after a minor sprain due to leg injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who presents with a Lisfranc injury. I had a leg injury 20 days back. I was told it was a minor sprain, and I tried to walk on my foot, but it is paining a lot. I am currently using non-weight bearing boots, and would not be able to see my surgeon for anoth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned an injury to your foot around 20 days back, which has been managed conservatively till now. Having read your description, it appears that there has been a capsular injury at the tarsometatarsal joints, especially, the 4th and 5th joint with...  Read Full »

Should I be worried about the spacing between the first and second metatarsal of the foot?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using moon boot from approximately seven weeks, for a fourth base disruption. I have just had x-rays. I would like an opinion on two things, please. Should I be worried about the spacing between the first and second metatarsal (Lisfranc injury)? There does not seem to be a...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I will like to reassure you that the Lisfranc joint, that is the space between the medial cuneiform and the base of the second metatarsal appears normal, and space is within the normal limits. The...  Read Full »