Liver Cancer

Please suggest medicines based on the endoscopy report.

Query: Endoscopy Report: Findings: Normal upper and middle third of esophagus.Post banding sclerosis seen in lower third of esophagus.No fundal varix seen.Abnormal,erythematous and congested mucosa seen in gastric body and antrum.Normal duodenal bulb and descending duodenum Please write the medicine ? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq. From the description you mention there is nothing except HCC which can causes stomach pain. For HCC to cause pain, it must have significant necrosis ( tissue death) within the center of HCC, plus presence of vascular (blood vessels) or capsular (covering of th...  Read Full »

Can liver cancer be misdiagnosed as liver hemangioma?

Query: Hello doctor,I started having right sided pain in the rib area around one year and three months ago. It got really bad last week and I went to a doctor. They did an ultrasound and found several hyperechoic nodular foci on the liver. He said this could simply represent hemangiomas but could be mucino...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry and do not panic. All your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are pointing towards hemangiomas. It is easy to differentiate between cancer and hemagioma by a radiologist on CT scan, MRI, or ultrasound. Your reports are clearly indicat...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify if I am suffering from any cancer or liver disease.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. For the last three weeks, I have been having the urge to poop. But, only mucus would come out. I have had blood tests and stool samples taken and everything was normal except the following. I had a high lymphocyte count of 3.3, high bilirubin count of 1.6 and low...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of colon cancer are blood in stool, altered bowel habit that is intermittent constipation and diarrhea, mild and occasional abdominal pain (depending on the site of the cancer), decrease appetite and weight loss. Mucus in stool either indicates inflammatory b...  Read Full »

The doctor has a hard time explaining these tumor marker test results. Can you?

Query: Hello doctor, I was just curious what your translation of this might be. I am copying this information directly from a printout of medical records which I can upload if necessary. This is the tumor marker test results of a 70 year old white male. Reports from three years ago: CEA 1.4 ng/mL AFP-tu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigations. AFP means alfa-fetoprotein. It is elevated commonly in three conditions which are: Liver cell carcinoma. Hepatitis.  Germ cell tumors. You have reported two different levels, one is 18 and the other is more than 26 thousand...  Read Full »

I am an alcoholic.Do I have the risk of liver cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. During recent times I am feeling a fear of having liver cancer due to my history of heavy alcoholism. I have mentioned my risk factors below: My body weight is 89Kg and my height is 166cm. I had mumps at an age of 5 years. I have kidney stones (as per the rep...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are essentially normal except for elevated cholesterol (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you have a risk of HCC due to alcohol intake. Grade 1 fatty changes in the liver may be due to obesity and alcohol consumption. But still you not ne...  Read Full »

Is there treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma? Also, advise on survival chance.

Query: Hello doctor, My father’s CT scan report says there is a solitary hepatic lesion consistent with neoplasm. The possibilities reported in the CT scan are: HCC - hepatocellular carcinoma. Metastases The CT scan was advised when his blood test result showed high alkaline phosphatase with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the investigation are more in favor of locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. In such advanced cases, usually, the patient is planned for palliative treatment in the form of oral medication Sorafenib, which is used under the observation of an oncologist. Also...  Read Full »

What are the options for hepatoma other than chemotherapy?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask about my father. He is too ill. His doctor told us about a hepatoma in his liver and the liver is enlarged. Now, kindly tell me the treatment. The doctor said about chemotherapy but we did not agree for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hepatoma can be benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous called HCC). If cancerous, there are many types. You have not attached any reports of your respected father. If the doctor is talking about chemotherapy, that means, it is malignant or cancerous. The comm...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for adenocarcinoma found in marrow biopsy?

Query: Hello doctor,The patient is 55-year-old female weighing 55 kg and suffering from adenocarcinoma as found in marrow biopsy. She is on ventilator now.  Read Full »

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn

Radiotherapist, Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the questions which come to my mind, which is not provided by the information you provided: What were the complaints of your patient? Why is she on a ventilator? What is the working diagnosis of the doctors? Have the doctors informed you that ...  Read Full »

Please help me understand the liver biopsy of a diabetic patient.

Query: Hello doctor, Below is the biopsy report of my father who is 72-year-old diabetic. He was not feeling well for past one month. Can you please help me understand what does it mean? The liver biopsy result states that: Gross: Linear cores of tissue largest measuring 1 cm-A/E (pJA/SH). Microscopy...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very afraid to tell you that these reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are suggestive of liver cancer. This needs to be evaluated by further CECT (contrast-enhanced computed tomography) abdomen and PET (positron emission tomography) scan. I sup...  Read Full »

I have amyopathic dermatomyositis, and I have two liver lesions. Is an MRI necessary?

Query: Hi doctor, I was just diagnosed with amyopathic dermatomyositis, and I have been put through a lot of cancer screenings as this does not run in my family. All tests are normal, except regular ultrasound of the abdomen showed two non-specific liver lesions up to 3.2 cm. The previous CT scan of the a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, non-specific liver lesions are mentioned as hemangiomas. CT scan without contrast would not pick them that easily, they may have been present then. Even if hemangiomas were not there, they may have developed over time and are benign. Having said that, it is ...  Read Full »