Q. What are the options for hepatoma other than chemotherapy?

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

I want to ask about my father. He is too ill. His doctor told us about a hepatoma in his liver and the liver is enlarged. Now, kindly tell me the treatment. The doctor said about chemotherapy but we did not agree for it.

#

Hepatoma can be benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous called HCC). If cancerous, there are many types. You have not attached any reports of your respected father.

If the doctor is talking about chemotherapy, that means, it is malignant or cancerous. The common type of liver cancer is called hepatocellular carcinoma. Usually, it has a poor prognosis. The only cure for it is radical surgery. But surgery cannot be done for every case. It depends on the stage of cancer plus liver function tests and many other factors. So, without the reports, it is difficult to give some valuable suggestions.

For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

|