Q. What is an acceptable level of cortisol in someone with PTSD?

Answered by Dr. Nazma Parveen and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Low Cortisol or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 35 year old male. What is the normal range of cortisol in a 24-hour collected urine probe? Is having too low cortisol levels in 24-hours collected urine probe a clinical matter? In the last six months, I had three urine testings with the account of cortisol between 10-12 µg/24 hours. I am dealing with PTSD and a distinct fatigue.