Q. I have low sperm count with very low motility. Attempting to conceive a baby. Please guide me

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 06, 2018

We are trying to conceive a baby. But the semen analysis report says that I have low sperm count (6 million counts) with very low motility. Please help me.

#

Firstly, we have to diagnose the cause of your problem. The most common cause of this is a condition called varicocele. For the detection of varicocele, I suggest you do the following:

1. An ultrasound of the scrotum.
  2. Get tested for diabetes.
  3. Avoid wearing tight undergarments.
  4. Avoid taking very hot water baths.
  5. Avoid riding a bike or cycle for long durations.
  6. Try tablet Paternia (Coenzyme Q10, L-Carnitine, Lycopene, and Zinc Sulfate), twice daily for two months and repeat semen analysis after 2 months.

|