Low Sperm Count

Please suggest treatment to become a father.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sperm count of less than 10 million per mL. The semen analysis reported as follows: Volume 3 mL, abnormal forms 0℅, motility - rapidly progressive 20℅, sluggishly progressive 20℅, non progressive10℅ and immotile 50℅, pus cells 10-12/HPF and vitality 50℅. What are the...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your sperm count is low and immotile sperm count is high, there is 40% to 50% chance. But, definitely there is a treatment for the same. Please consult your specialist doctor. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icl...  Read Full »

What should be the normal sperm count in a fertile male?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have done the semen analysis, and the doctor where I have consulted has not responded to my query. Sperm count is 30 million. Active motile is 40 percent. Slugish 30. Non-motile 30. Kindly advise what to do. What are the sperm count for a normal person...  Read Full »

Dr. Dwipannita Kalita

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have not uploaded any attachment of your semen analysis report along with your query. It is hard to give you a complete proper answer to it. You have not mentioned your sperm morphology (size and shape), ejaculate volume, and whether the sperm count you have ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for low testosterone level and low sperm count.

Query: Hi doctor i am having varicocele grade 2 and my testosterone level is 1.7 at the age of 27 and my sperm analysis report is also not good count is very low what should i do sir .i am trying for kids but no use.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear Bhargav, I can very well understand that you’re worried. Your test results show reduced numbers of sperm, a slight anomaly of a vein in your scrotum (not important), a minimal size difference of your testicles (needs follow-up), low testosterone and an infectious inflammation (important...  Read Full »

Why do I not get sexually aroused nowadays?

Query: I have an issue with my sexual performance. I masturbate frequently, and I do not get sexually aroused nowadays. I also have hypothyroidism and low sperm count and volume.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

Answer: Dear, I’m very sorry to learn about your issues. Rest assured that I will do my best to help you. Let me address the issues point by point: 1) As to your hypoactive thyroid. You need to get measured (lab) TSH, fT3, fT4 and the three main thyroid antibodies. A sonography is also necessary. Wi...  Read Full »

Why do I have a low sperm volume and count?

Query: Hello doctor, My sperm volume and count are less for the last six months; it ranges from 11 to 14 million per ml. Rest, all is normal. I do not smoke and do not drink alcohol. Necessary investigations like thyroid profile, FSH, LH, prolactin, and testosterone reports are attached for your reference...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and seen the semen analysis report. It says oligospermia and the presence of leucocytes, which indicates infection. Your hormonal profile is standard, and there is no ...  Read Full »

Is there a way to increase sperm count?

Query: Hi doctor,My semen result is as follows: Volume 2 mL, pearly white in color and viscous, 30 minutes liquefaction time, 20 millions/mL sperm count, 45% motility, normal morphology 70% and abnormal morphology 30%. Is there any issue with my semen report? Is there any abnormality that will lead to prob...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your semen analysis report is normal and in my opinion, there is no need to worry. The sperm count is 20 million/mL, which though is low, but in the normal range. Morphology, motility and liquefaction time are also normal. I do not find this report has any issue in ge...  Read Full »

Why did my sperm count not increase even after taken Vigour tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. It has been 11 years since I got married and have one daughter aged 9 years. My main concern is my wife is not getting pregnant. She is undergoing gynecology checkup. All her test reports are normal. I am much tensed at this moment. I think my sperm count is low and no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reality of conception really does not depend on the amount of sperm ejaculated or the viscosity much as much as it would depend on the sperm count, its morphology and its motility. The Vigour tablets used were probably to take care of your decreased libido...  Read Full »

Will low sperm count with hydrocele and testes calcification impact fertility?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have a low sperm count problem and also found tiny calcifications in both testes, bilateral minimal hydrocele. I am married two and a half years before and trying to conceive from the last seven months found I have low sperm count issue of 16 million per ml...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The tiny calcification and minimal hydrocele will not interfere with your fertility. Usually, both arise as a result of local trauma or local infection. I do not know how long the swelling ...  Read Full »

Can cocaine affect sperm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I had one wild night where we did several lines of cocaine. I have not done it before. And now my wife is pregnant. I have read studies that cocaine use in men prior to impregnation can cause birth defects, etc. Has this one night seven to eight weeks prior cau...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your dilemma, but be assured a gap of seven to eight weeks is pretty long enough for the drug to be out of our system and cause any damage to your baby. The half life of cocaine is 15 to 50 hours in urine. It is completely excreted out of the system in less t...  Read Full »

How to increase sperm count?

Query: Hi doctor, My sperm count is low; it has dropped from 18 million to 3 million within a period of five months time. I have been diagnosed with bilateral varicocele. I have consulted three urologists. The first doctor advised me to go for ART (artificial reproductive technology) second one prescribed...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I am aware that you are suffering from severe oligozoospermia (oligospermia). After four days of abstinence, please repeat the semen analysis. Even after repeating the tests, if the sperm...  Read Full »