Q. I am having receding hairline at 17 years of age. What does it indicate?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 19, 2019

I am 17 years old, and my hairline is receding, but I have hair in my whole head. No one has gone bald in my family, so it is not from genetics. My hairline is far back, and I have a widow's peak. Will I go bald and is there any way I can grow my hair back?

#

You certainly have a "M" shaped anterior, and it is characteristic of androgenetic alopecia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you to use topical Minoxidil 5 % solution, 1 ml, twice daily along with a tablet of Finasteride 1 mg daily (Propecia) to prevent it from receding further. You cannot expect the existing hair to go back to the original position with these. You may none the less explore hair transplant if you wish to get back your original hairline.

Can you tell if I am balding or is that my natural hairline?
# hi.
I believe it is androgenetic alopecia. However,look at your younger photographs. You'll know yourself.

take care.

|