Lung Fibrosis

What does early fibrosis in chest CT indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband was discharged from the hospital after COVID-19 treatment. He was admitted to the hospital for six days. When he was admitted, his CT scan showed COVID pneumonia and early fibrosis. He was on steroid treatment in the hospital and discharged in stable condition. I doubt the...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from COVID pneumonia. His HRCT (high-resolution chest tomography) of the chest has revealed multiple patchy ground glass in both lungs, predominantly in the periphery with subpleura...  Read Full »

Does COVID-19 show long term effects in affected persons?

Query: I want to take advise on behalf of my mother. She was tested positive for Corona before a month. She took the medicine as per covid test kit for 5 days and then quarantine. Now its almost a month but she has some symptoms so we are not sure if they r associated with covid. She has sweating during ni...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Good day to you. I have gone through your problem. let me give you a brief background into my experience with covid. I have been working in a government ICU setup especially for covid for the last 5 months as a consultant general physician. now the thing about covid is that it it has a lot of post ...  Read Full »

Will post-COVID fibrosis progress further?

Query: Hello doctor, I have suffered from COVID-19. My sequence of actions are as below. I had a fever (103 F). the next day, I had a CT scan of CO-RADS 3. Fever was not decreasing, and I got admitted to the hospital. Oximeter reading coming around 90. After two days, my body temperature was normal, and ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is post-COVID fibrosis. Honestly speaking, there is no treatment at present for this. Data suggests that this fibrosis is not progressive like IPF (idiopathic...  Read Full »

What does pulmonary hyperaerated, bilateral, in a chest x-ray mean?

Query: Goodmorning. I have experiencing cough and weird feeling (something difficult) when I exhale which Im experiencing for more than a month now. I cough out blood with plegm. Fresh blood. Thats when I went to call a hospital for check up but thwy told me to go to municipality health center. Currenrly I...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: hello thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern.according to ur statement u have been suffering from cough every now and then and u had a past history of bronchitis and ur recent CXR remaks-pulmonary hyperaerated bilateral which means where is the lung volume is abnormally increased,with inc...  Read Full »

Why does my oxygen saturation level go down if I reduce the steroid dose?

Query: Hi doctor, Before 7 years, I was affected by chronic HP. From that time, I am in oxygen therapy and steroids 4 mg. My doctor told to taper them and stop so as per his advice I slowly tapered the dose of steroids and stopped it finally. When I stopped it, I cannot able to move or walk and also my sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis or HP is a type of interstitial lung disease. It is a chronic type of lung disease and treatment usually runs longer, especially with steroids and immunosuppressive drugs. As you said, you are taking steroids in tapering dose but still you ...  Read Full »

How is IPF diagnosed?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with IPF last week. My two x-rays, two lung function tests and HRCT scan showing that I had scarring. But I am confused, because I feel better than I have felt in 10 years. I have always smoked and had cough for years. I have been on a diet and have lost one stone so fa...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IPF (idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis)  is a chronic, progressive and idiopathic disease. It is usually seen in old age. In this lungs become fibrosed, thickened and stiff. So, all capacities are reduced and due to this oxygenation is hampered. Your home tests are within no...  Read Full »

What is the best way to titre my oxygen level to combat Co2 retention?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel that I am a complicated case and I am trying to figure out the best way to titrate my oxygen treatment. I have late-stage cystic fibrosis, and I am experiencing a few months of exacerbation that has led to me needing oxygen full time. A few weeks ago I began, for the first time...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, that was a wonderful and well-detailed query. I will answer your query in parts. Regarding your insensitivity to low O2 saturation: Well, this is an expected development in long-standing lung problems. Continuous exposure to low oxygen levels over long time ...  Read Full »

Will lung fibrosis and thoracic scoliosis shown in x-ray cause serious health issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I had taken a lung x-ray for my annual check-up. The result is: Mid lung fibrosis noted. Rest of the lung is clear. Thoracic scoliosis noted. Heart, costopherenic sulci, and other structures are intact. I am concerned about mid lung fibrosis and thoracic scoliosis. Will they ser...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please clarify whether it is mid or mild lung fibrosis reported. As you said, the chest x-ray reports mid or mild lung fibrosis, it is suggestive of some old infection or some autoimmune disease causing idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Even you could not have re...  Read Full »

In lung fibrosis, why there is a face and feet swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 68 years old. She has been diagnosed for lung fibrosis she was taking Lumenac 600mg three times, Iveprid 10 mg for last years, no progression in disease but her saturation was 90 later fell to 60 on excretion. Now she is taking Pirfenex 800 mg a day, and Benz for cough he...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your history, it is obvious that your mother is suffering from IPF (UIP). She is taking Ivepred 10 and Lumenac 600 mg for the last two years. Swelling on face and legs could be because of the steroid side effects as she is on long term Ivepred. Yo...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment plan for a patient with chronic cough.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother underwent gallbladder surgery 10 months ago. From past 3 months she started having chronic cough. She tried many home remedies. She did not recover completely. I took my mother recently for a health checkup. As I suspected the chest report was not absolutely fine. But, the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for choosing this platform. As you said your mother is having chronic cough 4 months after surgery. It can be just coincidental finding as her x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is showing prominent basal vascular markings and cough can b...  Read Full »