Q. I have enlarged breast and less facial hair. Will it lead to infertility?

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj
Published on Dec 10, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 28, 2019

I am a 25 year old male. My weight is 65 kg and height is 5'5". I am having enlarged breast and very less facial hair. Will this lead to infertility? I am not taking any medicine. I have consulted an endocrinologist regarding this. He examined my chest and suggested me to get a hormone analysis and ultrasound of breasts. My hormone levels found in the analysis are as follows. My serum beta-hCG is <0.100 mIU/mL, total testosterone level is 4.14 ng/mL, TSH level is 4.02 uIU/mL, free T4 is 1.21 ng/dL, LH is 9.23 mIU/mL, prolactin level is 19.79 ng/mL, and estradiol (E2) is 32.43 pg/mL.

I would like to know, are these hormone levels normal for an adult male? As suggested, I got my ultrasonogram done for my breasts and the reports are as follows. Nipple and subareolar tissue are normal. There is no retraction or skin thickening, no abnormal calcification and no axillary lymph nodes seen. The pectoralis and retromammary space appears normal. No focal or diffused lesions observed. Looking into my results, doctor told me that there are no abnormalities seen in both the breasts. In addition to all this, doctor asked me to try few exercise and check if there is any reduction in the size of the breast. In spite of trying everything, if the breast size did not reduce the he told me to get them removed. Now my question is that, will enlarged breast affect my marriage life? Beard hair growth is fine, but the mustache hair is very less. Is there any medicine that can cure my problem? Please help.

#

I can understand your concern and what you are going through from your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is nothing to worry since it is not a major problem.

Your condition is false gynecomastia. There is excess fat in your breast area and no extra breast tissue formation. Do not get depressed by thinking about it. Relax, stay calm and move according to my advice which is as follows.

1. Keep a check on your blood sugar and thyroid levels.
  2. Join a gym to get the fat reduced in the chest area.
  3. Take tablet Nat Phos 30 2x (Natrum phosphate) twice daily after food and Arnica 30, one dose every month.

I would like to know, why I have less facial hair? Is there any hormonal imbalance?

#

I went through your hormone results. It is showing low testosterone levels and also a slight increase in the LH (luteinizing hormone). Symptoms of hormonal imbalance indicate primary hypogonadism (low sex hormones). It can be developmental, metabolic or even genetic. There is no specific cause for this condition.

In homeopathy, only the symptoms can be treated, and not the disease. Start the prescribed medicine earlier, stop alcohol intake and follow the advice. Generally, the testosterone will be high in the morning and low in the evening. So, get your laboratory test accordingly. You can even consult a doctor for physical evaluation.

I am a 22 year old male, with a body structure of a 15 year old boy. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male, who has a body structure of a 15 year old boy. I do not have a beard or a mustache. I have thin hands and legs, small face, low IQ level, and small rib cage. I have acidity problem and pass semi-solid stool.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is most likely a hormonal problem. It can be male hypogonadism which occurs due to low testosterone levels and has multiple reasons. You need to get your serum testosterone level tested. The standard range for adult men in most laboratories is around 300 to 800 ng/...  Read Full

Would low testosterone affect erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. I never had sex and physically fit. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. My eating habit is healthy and I do not have much stress. I did my medical test three months back and found my testosterone level is below the minimum limit. I started eating vegetables and fruits, but...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. There is no need to get stressed due to low testosterone levels. As you are getting early morning tightness, this means that there is no organic issue. If you have to go for urine in the morning, even then, that tightness is significant. You...  Read Full

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now