Q. I had a gynecomastia surgery last week. Why is fluid getting accumulated in my right breast?

Dr. Vikram
Published on Apr 03, 2017

I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very painful, and now again I can feel the fluid getting accumulated. But now, the doctor says that the fluid will subside by itself, and there is no need to worry. What should I do?

Dr. Vikram

Cosmetology Hair Transplant Surgeon Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic
#

• What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained.
  • Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks.
  • I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get an ultrasound scan.
  • An ultrasound will show the collection and also the quantity.
  • If it is a small hematoma collection, it will get absorbed. If it is more, then it would require a drainage. Seroma usually reduces by itself.

For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

| 

I was left with a hole in the skull after hematoma evacuation. Is it safe?

Query: Hi doctor,Seven months ago, I had a serious head injury. That time, I was left with a small hole in the skull after extradural hematoma evacuation. Then, I had no discomfort in the head. Now, I have terrible tension around the back of the head and dull pressure and pain next to the hole. I feel hyp...  Read Full »

What to do for a mole like projection in my lip?

Query: Hi doctor,A mole like projection has developed in my lip. It does not get cured. I bite my lip often. But, I feel it is very abnormal on my lip. Can you please help me?  Read Full »

What is the treatment for hematoma?

Query: Hi doctor,Before five months, I had surgery for thigh hematoma. Now, the same problem started again. It is increasing in size and painful. Also, there is swelling. Please see the photo attached here.  Read Full »

Ask a Plastic Surgeon Now