Q. I had a gynecomastia surgery last week. Why is fluid getting accumulated in my right breast?

Answered by Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Gynecomastia or Ultrasound Breast? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very painful, and now again I can feel the fluid getting accumulated. But now, the doctor says that the fluid will subside by itself, and there is no need to worry. What should I do?