Q. I had a gynecomastia surgery last week. Why is fluid getting accumulated in my right breast?

Dr. Vikram

I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very painful, and now again I can feel the fluid getting accumulated. But now, the doctor says that the fluid will subside by itself, and there is no need to worry. What should I do?

Dr. Vikram

Cosmetology Hair Transplant Surgeon Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic

• What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained.
  • Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks.
  • I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get an ultrasound scan.
  • An ultrasound will show the collection and also the quantity.
  • If it is a small hematoma collection, it will get absorbed. If it is more, then it would require a drainage. Seroma usually reduces by itself.

For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

I was left with a hole in the skull after hematoma evacuation. Is it safe?

Query: Hi doctor,Seven months ago, I had a serious head injury. That time, I was left with a small hole in the skull after extradural hematoma evacuation. Then, I had no discomfort in the head. Now, I have terrible tension around the back of the head and dull pressure and pain next to the hole. I feel hyp...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A small piece of the skull bone could be cut and the hole in the bone was made. According to the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no residual brain damage. Under these circumstances, I can explain your headache as follows. The pain a...  Read Full

What to do for a mole like projection in my lip?

Query: Hi doctor,A mole like projection has developed in my lip. It does not get cured. I bite my lip often. But, I feel it is very abnormal on my lip. Can you please help me?  Read Full >>

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a cystic lesion of the buccal mucosa probably swelling of a minor salivary gland (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If it has been present as such for a long time and especially if it is increasing in size, then you would have to visit a dentist for i...  Read Full

What is the treatment for hematoma?

Query: Hi doctor,Before five months, I had surgery for thigh hematoma. Now, the same problem started again. It is increasing in size and painful. Also, there is swelling. Please see the photo attached here.  Read Full >>

Dr. Eriol Braholli
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hematomas are solved conservatively and only in severe cases when they give compression of an organ are resolved surgically. This is not a big one (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First, you have to find out the cause of hematoma if it is not trauma. I...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now