Q. I missed my pills on two consecutive days. Should I stop or continue the pack?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare
Published on Nov 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am being treated for PCOS. My gynecologist prescribed me Irozorb syrup, ovacare tablets, and Sysron-N. I started taking them on the fifth day of my last period. I missed my Sysron pill on the 22nd and 23rd. I took my usual dosage now today. I got my period. Should I continue the tablets or stop the dosage and consult my doctor? My period cycle is 25 days.

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• It is better if you take a combined pill for PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome). I suggest you stop the drug and start a combined pill from day-5. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  • These are hormonal pills. You should not skip even a single pill.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

So, should I stop taking Sysron-N? I still have five days of pills left. The doctor prescribed it for 25 days.

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Since you have missed the pill, let the withdrawal bleeding occur. Just continue with Ovacare (a combination of Folic acid, Inositol, etc.).
  • Instead of Sysron (Norethisterone), you can take tablet Dronis 30 (Ethinylestradiol and Drospirenone) once a day from day-5. It is a 21-day pill. Take it at night once a day. Then give a gap of seven days. Restart the pill from the eighth day. You will get the period three to four days after stopping the pill. I hope you do not have a migraine or any other illness. You should take this pill for six cycles.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What are the chances of pregnancy after taking an Ocp late?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been on birth control continuously for three years. About a month ago, I took a pill late instead of in the morning. My boyfriend has not ejaculated in me. But, I noticed that I have gained weight. What are the chances of me being pregnant after taking a pill late? I do not have...  Read Full »

While using contraceptive pill, will I remain protected during pill free days?

Query: Hi doctor, I am starting a pack of pill two weeks after my periods. After completing the pack will contraception start? Do I need to take the 7 pill free days after the first pack? Will remain protected during those seven days?  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »