PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which is a common hormonal problem seen in females in the reproductive age. Here, the ovaries fail to release eggs regularly because of the formation of many small fluid-filled follicles in them. Women with PCOS have irregular menstrual periods, and the levels of androgen (male sex hormone) are elevated.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am a 30-year-old female with irregular periods, PCOD, and two subserosal fibroids. Will it affect my chances of pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old female with a height of 5 feet 3 inches and weighed of 60 kg. I have been trying to conceive for a year. I have irregular periods. I was diagnosed with PCOD. I treated PCOD now cleared. But I have two subserosal fibroid being constant in size. Approximately 5*3 cm. I le...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern. From your history, I do not feel you are pregnant. However, as the urine test is negative, you can confirm with blood serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). This will diagnose the smallest of pregnancies anywhere in the body. Once confirm...  Read Full »

I have PCOS, and my skin has become dry, itchy, and oily with cystic acne. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOS, and I had moderate acne as a teenager. I am now 21 and lost a significant amount of weight at 18, which has helped control my hormones. However, I have just started eating well, drinking 2.5 liters of water daily, and exercising again after lowering my standards for about six...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concern. 1. It seems you have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and acne. Both are components of SAHA (seborrhoea, acne, hirsutism and alopecia) syndrome. 2. If abnormalities in hormones or PCOS occur, it needs to be treated ...  Read Full »

Are anti-psychotic and anti-epileptic drugs responsible for my PCOS?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having irregular periods, hormonal imbalance, severe acne, and extreme weight gain.I have a history of PCOS and I have been taking the tablet Lamotrigine and the tablet Serotia.I would like to know how to deal with this condition.  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha Raghunath Auradkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. As you were previously diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), the symptoms you are experiencing now are of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) likely. PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) is dealt with medications but the most importan...  Read Full »

My head hurts and is sensitive to touch. Can it be something serious?

Query: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am 27 years old and married to my best friend for the last two years. But over a period of time, we have been fighting over issues. Although we still love each other a lot, in the midst of arguments he gets angry and hits my head. I, in turn, hit him. In fact pretty har...  Read Full »

Dr. Nene Devavrat Harihar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think there is anything to worry about. However, I do have a few questions. Since when do you have this pain? Is it associated with nausea? Do you have any sensitivity to sound, sensitivity to light during that time? How long does a headache last? An...  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I consulted a doctor for my missed period and was suggested to take a few tests. I got my reports, and my RBC count is 14.4 million cells per mcL, PCV is 38.4 %, and lymphocyte count is 16.8 %. I am concerned if this is normal, considering my condition. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand it. The levels you mentioned are entirely normal, but since you missed your periods, it would be better if you could add more details on the same to conclude the diagnosis. Kindly revert with the details.  Read Full »

Would you suggest the treatment to get conceived ?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an ectopic pregnancy last year and the left fallopian tube has been removed. I have PCOS, but my periods are regular. The doctor did an HSG and a follicular study last month. My report says 'the uterus is anteverted, measures 6.0 by 3.2 by 4.1 cm. The right ovary measures 4.4 by 2.6...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya Muralidhar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need to worry if the tubes are patent. Try for six months. Since you have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) it can take a while to conceive. Try losing weight and exercise daily. It improves ovulation. If there is no conception even after six months, plan...  Read Full »

I have PCOS and was on treatment for the same. What should I do to conceive at the earliest?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had PCOS since 12 years of age. I am 30 now and about to get married. I reduced my weight from 102 kg to 86 now. This helped me get periods on time with no medication, only Metformin at night. My scans now show no cysts. The doctor prescribed me an LH test on the second day of my pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are 30 years old and about to get married with a history of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) from an early age. You are on Metformin and have managed to reduce weight to 86 kg and get regular periods. Your recent ultrasound was normal and your LH (l...  Read Full »

Is there any surgery to eradicate hirsutism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I have been suffering from hirsutism (due to PCOS) for about six years. I have undergone treatments like LASER (for about a year) and even consumed antiandrogens and contraceptive pills. But, nothing really worked out. It is horrible now. The growth of the ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I can answer, I would like to see some lab reports. Serum testosterone. DHEAS (most sensitive to adrenals, if > 800 ug/dl suggests adrenal tumor). 17-hydroxyprogesterone. Serum prolactin. Urinary 17-ketosteroid. FSH and LH during the first three days of ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to be pregnant after you get your period?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 23 years old and, my weight is 51 kg. I had unprotected sex a day before I got my period (on the 38th day of cycle). It lasted for four days (normal). Today is the 13th day from when my period started and I am getting bad backache, my breasts hurt (usually happens just before perio...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabha Ranjan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understand your concern. This is very unlikely to be pregnancy as a proper period followed and when UPT (urine pregnancy test) was negative just before the period. So, you are at present not pregnant and no chances of pregnancy e...  Read Full »

After I-pill when to take my PCOS medicines again?

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex with protection and even took an I-pill within 24 hours. But the next day I had bleeding. I do not know if it is the period or the I-pill side effect. Along with that, I have a headache also. I am dealing with PCOS at the same time. What are the chances of getting pregnant de...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chance of pregnancy is almost zero. There is no need to worry. Dizziness might be due to stress. I hope this has helped.   Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.