Drospirenone

What is Yasmin pill used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I had unprotected sex a few days back, but I did not ejaculate inside her. Just to be on the safer side, we wanted to use the emergency contraceptive pill. But due to some restriction in the country where we live, Plan B or emergency contraceptive pills are not available...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Yes, as you have heard, Yasmin can be used as an emergency pill. Even if you have not ejaculated into her, she stands a chance of pregnancy if the pre-seminal fluid, the clear fluid that comes out before semen, which is rich in young healthy sperm...  Read Full »

Can I use Dronis for PCOD without any future fertility issue?

Query: Hello doctor,My age is 20 years. I am getting irregular periods for every two months. My doctor suggested Dronis 20 mg tablet for 24 days. My weight is 37 and I did an ultrasound, the report shows PCOD. I am having mild acne on my face. Can I use Dronis 20 mg? Does it have any side-effects such as i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Let me give you a few facts on PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). PCOD (polycystic ovaries) is a congenital condition. I mean it is a genetically programmed, you get it from your parents. When you suddenly put on weight, this cholesterol is converted...  Read Full »

Even after taking Yasmin, can I have a chance to become pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I removed IUD recently as I was not sexually active. I had unprotected sex after a week, and I took Yasmin. I read that increased intake of Yasmin can work as an emergency pill. I took five tablets in the afternoon, another five tablets after eight hours and again five tablets after six ...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please tell the exact time of IUD removal, the precise time of the last period, current period and the last exposure.  Read Full »

Is it enough to take one Yaz pill after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex before two days. The next day, I took one Yaz pill. Do I need to take more pills? Will it be effective?  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history, and I can understand your concern. There is a chance of pregnancy in your case as you have taken only one dose of Yasmin pill (Drospirenone with Ethinylestradiol). Delayed menses can occur due to hormonal imbalance caused by sex. Do a h...  Read Full »

I avoid sex as I absolutely do not want to get pregnant again. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I do not like sex because I am always worried that my partner will ejaculate inside me. He does not like using a condom. We always end up fighting during sex, as I ask him to use a condom and he does not want to. We have a son aged 9 years and I do not want a...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, do not take Unwanted 72  very often. Any emergency contraceptive pill has several adverse effects. There are many options like the intrauterine copper device or oral cyclical pills which you can consider. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynae...  Read Full »

I missed my pills on two consecutive days. Should I stop or continue the pack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am being treated for PCOS. My gynecologist prescribed me Irozorb syrup, ovacare tablets, and Sysron-N. I started taking them on the fifth day of my last period. I missed my Sysron pill on the 22nd and 23rd. I took my usual dosage now today. I got my period. Should I continue the tab...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You missed the pill. So, you had the withdrawal bleeding. It is better if you take a combined pill for PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome). I suggest you stop the drug and start a combined pill from day-5. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and star...  Read Full »

I am not getting married because of my facial hair. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old female. I have PCOD. My doctor prescribed me Fertiplus tablets containing Myo-inositol and D-chiro inositol. But, I cannot afford it. Please suggest me a low-cost treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The easiest and cheapest way for you to get healthy is by lifestyle modification such as diet and exercise. Try losing weight. You need to lose 20 kg. Weight loss itself will improve the symptoms of PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). Take Calcium tablet like She...  Read Full »

My wife is 8 weeks pregnant and taking Asmita. Can pregnancy be continued?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife had irregular periods. We consulted a gynecologist and she suggested starting Asmita tablet for 21 days and Oosure tablet for a month. We started medication from mid of last month. Now, ultrasound says that she is 8 weeks pregnant. My question is can she continue the pregna...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both the drugs Asmita 21 (combination of Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol) and Oosure tablets (Myo-Inositol) have been advised to her presuming that she was a case of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and had concerns regarding ovulation. But, as Asmita are estrogen...  Read Full »

How much Yasmin dosage should be taken first time after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex about 12 hours ago. No ejaculation occurred but I knew there was still a risk of getting pregnant. I am thinking of using the Yasmin pills as a form of emergency contraception. Note that I have never taken the pill before and this would be the first time. I have ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, as you have read, Yasmin (Drospirenone) can be used as an emergency pill. Even if he has not ejaculated, you still stand a chance of pregnancy if the pre-seminal fluid, the clear fluid that comes out before semen, which is rich in young healthy sperms, comes in ...  Read Full »

Is it normal for period cycle to change while taking Dronis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old female. I am taking Dronis 30 mg from the last month. My period cycle is 27 to 28 days. But, I was getting my period from 30 to 32 days. Is it normal? This time, I got my periods after 37 days. Is this normal after taking Dronis or is it irregular? I am also trying for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tara Devi

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dronis is a contraceptive used to prevent pregnancy. You will not become pregnant if you take it. You should stop it if you want to become pregnant. The cycle is normal when it is from 21 to 35 days. Nothing to worry. If you have irregular periods, do serum TSH (thyroid...  Read Full »