Q. I have some marks on my face and body since I recently had measles. How to get rid of these marks?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am a 21 year old male. I have some marks on my face and body since I recently had measles disease. How to get rid of these marks?

#

• Firstly were you diagnosed by a doctor for measles?
  • How many days has it been since the rashes subsided?
  • Generally, the marks lighten themselves within two months after the rashes subside.
  • So, treatment needs to be started after that. 
  • If you could send some photos I will be able to better judge the potency of the medication needed.
  • Treatment depends on the stage of healing.

Revert back to a dermatologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|